Security Tool! Please help!

Kenn has a DC4!

Project Midori Civic
I know this isn't a computer tech forum. But I need help removing the rogue spyware called security tool. I don't know how it works and what it's suppose to do. But it says I supposably have 46 viruses but my McAfee security scanner says there are no viruses what's so ever. It's just this rogue spyware keeps popping up every 10 seconds. And it worries me. Does anyone know anything about this stupid security tool? And how to get rid of it?? I tried looking up videos and websites but I don't trust them. I'm running on windows 7. Please help.

jznsn2u

I know this isn't a computer tech forum. But I need help removing the rogue spyware called security tool. I don't know how it works and what it's suppose to do. But it says I supposably have 46 viruses but my McAfee security scanner says there are no viruses what's so ever. It's just this rogue spyware keeps popping up every 10 seconds. And it worries me. Does anyone know anything about this stupid security tool? And how to get rid of it?? I tried looking up videos and websites but I don't trust them. I'm running on windows 7. Please help.
I would search up Security tool on google or downloads.com. Download the solution to kill it. Good thing its not too bad, you're on the internet :roll:. Get rid of it quick Kenneth!

Kenn has a DC4!

Project Midori Civic
Thanx Jayson. Has this ever happen to you??
I'm not on my laptop because the virus may spread more crap. So i'm looking up info on my iPod touch so I can get rid of it. So far I'm still searching.

jznsn2u

Thanx Jayson. Has this ever happen to you??
I'm not on my laptop because the virus may spread more crap. So i'm looking up info on my iPod touch so I can get rid of it. So far I'm still searching.
It's happened to computers that belong to people I know. I just trouble shooted it for them.

I searched security tool virus removal on google and it gave me this,

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&q=security+tool+virus+removal&aq=f&aqi=g4g-o1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=2c433ca575a09336

I also searched up security tool removal on download.com and it gave me this,
http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=security+tool+removal&tag=srch&searchtype=downloads&filterName=platform=Windows,Webware&filter=platform=Windows,Webware

I would try out the first one ^.

Were you watching too much pronz Kenneth? :naughty:

Kenn has a DC4!

Project Midori Civic
Thanx. Lmao. Nope, I think I got it off of myspace. Cuz my windows kept crashing on myspace then somehow I got it. Time to get a facebook! Or tumblr. Haha.

nuenjin

Professional Ametuer
Look for a program called "Ad-Aware." It's a reliable and established program that can be found on CNET. It's completely free and easy to work with.

http://download.cnet.com/Ad-Aware-Free-Internet-Security/3000-8022_4-10045910.html

Also, go the the control panel and then to Add/Remove programs and look for suspicious names such as "Security Tool." Be suspect of anything that you did not install personally and google the names to see what they do.

Since most programs are available in some from on the internet, you can always remove and then re-install if necessary.

good luck

Last edited:

Kenn has a DC4!

Project Midori Civic
Thanx guys. :thumbs up i've resolved my security tool virus problem. but my computer is running EXREMELY SLOW. so i'm gonna go to best buy and see if i could get my laptop restored.

jznsn2u

Thanx guys. :thumbs up i've resolved my security tool virus problem. but my computer is running EXREMELY SLOW. so i'm gonna go to best buy and see if i could get my laptop restored.
They're going to charge you....... unless you're still under warranty.

Kenn has a DC4!

Project Midori Civic
i'm not. damn.
i got my laptop from office depot. and my parents were too cheap to pay an extra $20 on warranty.

Kenn has a DC4!

Project Midori Civic
i'm not. damn.
i got my laptop from office depot. and my parents were too cheap to pay an extra $20 on warranty.

nuenjin

Professional Ametuer
Treat them as any other mechanic, don't let the Geeks tell you your hard drive is failing or your processor is over heating. Get a second opinion and search the appropriate forums

Just like your car, you know more about your computer than they do.

good luck

mjones73

Sounds like scareware, it's not really a virus, just some software that hijacks your machine in attempt to hijack some money out of your wallet to make it go away. I'd still make sure all traces of it are gone, something may be lurking around still causing your slowdown. Some of those programs can be nasty sob's.