seemingly random stalling... wire short or bad gas?

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
B18b1 swapped into my civic. I just did a little in car harness repair bc the guy i got it from had the obd wires all chopped up. so its driving well and pre this fix i was getting 14ish to the gallon (fixed the map problem too) so i put in a full tank to zero the miles and see what difference was made. drive less than half a mile and stall out. :shock::shock::shock:

my question is what should i do?

change fuel filter and see if problem comes back/filter is visibly full of crap?

drop full tank of gas?

How do i check the quality of the gas? is there any way?

put some additive in to try and clean out the system? (probly wont help if i have a full tank of bad gas)

93 civic and as far as i know the fuel system is stock.

also could something electrical cause this problem? (dont think so)

when it dies and im still rolling, trying to roll start it in second it wont catch. the engine just spins but no start... i sit for 3-5 min and sometimes it starts, other times it will not.

If it is bad gas Im obviously going to tell the station but should i take any legal action..

I live right on the coast/islands and have gotten bad gas before when i had a ford.... new filter fixed it bc i had only gotten 5 bucks worth.

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
Replaced the filter... it had rust in it. But didn't fix the problem. so I was checking around and saw that my TPS was physically cracked, replaced the TPS. the problem went away and everything is fine.
thanks for the input guys.

maybe i did get bad gas... maybe it was just a crazy coincidence that it went bad right after i got gas...

just hit 75 miles with less than a 6th of the tank gone. :)