Sell it or part it out?

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
So I picked up this integra type R (it has the emblem on the back, so I'm assuming it's the real deal) for $150. As you can see, it is in rough shape, being outside for about 2 years, untouched. So I was thinking of parting it out. But my dad gave me another idea and said I could get a title from Motor Vehicle and sell the car as is. It does turn on and drive, but I didn't take it to the streets, so I don't know how well it drives. It also doesn't have an intake, so I don't want to drive it.

So do you think I should sell it as is? How much would you pay for this car? Or will I make more money parting it out?

And I will be parting it out locally only.

The car looks better in the pictures :lol: And the hood was not fully closed at the time.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
I'd pull the intake from your car and put it on this one just to see if it runs. I've sure you could easily make a decent profit parting it out.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
I'd pull the intake from your car and put it on this one just to see if it runs. I've sure you could easily make a decent profit parting it out.
It does run. I drove it from my driveway to the back of the house without any problems. The only problem about parting it is that is time consuming...

Murphy

Meat Master
Why part out a car that runs? Find a cheap stock intake, give it a thorough test drive, fix any qualms it might have, give it a tune-up and a deep clean, and sell it.

People pay good money for a clean car that runs reliably with no issues.

By the way thats not a type r that's an LS with a GSR wing, seeing that it has the b18b1 engine and a cloth interior.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Why part out a car that runs? Find a cheap stock intake, give it a thorough test drive, fix any qualms it might have, give it a tune-up and a deep clean, and sell it.

People pay good money for a clean car that runs reliably with no issues.

By the way thats not a type r that's an LS with a GSR wing, seeing that it has the b18b1 engine and a cloth interior.
I can't drive it because it has no title and I don't want to bother insuring the car. I want to waste NOTHING on this car. And its not even clean. Did you look at the pictures?

And I know its an LS...

Murphy

Meat Master
I can't drive it because it has no title and I don't want to bother insuring the car. I want to waste NOTHING on this car. And its not even clean. Did you look at the pictures?

And I know its an LS...
Cleaning a car is an easy and inexpensive thing to do. Giving it a tune-up is also easy and inexpensive. Invest in renting a wet vac, change out the fluids and filters, and update the ignition and battery if needed. All that is $300 at most then you turn a $450 car into at least a $1,000 car. Give a clean paint job and you'll get even more.

Once you start parting it there's no going back. It's much easier, quicker, and more profitable to sell a clean, reliably running car than parting a car out.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Cleaning a car is an easy and inexpensive thing to do. Giving it a tune-up is also easy and inexpensive. Invest in renting a wet vac, change out the fluids and filters, and update the ignition and battery if needed. All that is $300 at most then you turn a $450 car into at least a $1,000 car. Give a clean paint job and you'll get even more.

Once you start parting it there's no going back. It's much easier, quicker, and more profitable to sell a clean, reliably running car than parting a car out.
Like I said, I won't be spending anything on it. If I sell it, it will be sold as-is. But my question is how much would you pay for it?

No offense Mike, but that thing is not clean at all. My favorite thing on it is the front fibers, stylin'
Lol. I know it's not clean, which is why I'm getting rid of it and making a profit 8)

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
I think I'm better off parting it out. It's missing a whole wiper arm, radio doesnt work, the bulbs in the front all don't work, paint is in terrible condition, it has 160,000 miles, and the trunk doesnt stay up. Theres probably more. Anyone have any other opinions?

And the most interesting thing I noticed was it has drum brakes in the rear. Very weird...

Sent from my phone

Murphy

Meat Master
Like I said, I won't be spending anything on it. If I sell it, it will be sold as-is. But my question is how much would you pay for it?

If it runs with no issues whatsoever I'd offer you $500 as is if I was in the market for a car.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
I think I'm better off parting it out. It's missing a whole wiper arm, radio doesnt work, the bulbs in the front all don't work, paint is in terrible condition, it has 160,000 miles, and the trunk doesnt stay up. Theres probably more. Anyone have any other opinions?

And the most interesting thing I noticed was it has drum brakes in the rear. Very weird...

Sent from my phone
Agreed. Drum brakes are probably from a civic.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
If it runs with no issues whatsoever I'd offer you $500 as is if I was in the market for a car.
Someone in Clubcivic said he'd offer me that too, and he was serious. My brother said I can easily get $1500 for it lol. Thanks for the advice Murphy :)

Agreed. Drum brakes are probably from a civic.
I was think that too. It's weird though lol.

I going to wait for others opinion, but I'm leaning more towards parting it out. I never stripped a car and I kind of want to.

Sent from my phone

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Lmao, I was like who the fuck is this guy thinking that's a type r, and then I saw it was you and got the sarcasm :lol:

I don't know how sales go in Jersey, but I doubt that would pass inspection, so I'm not sure if someone would want to buy it. Still I think you'd get around $1000 for it. I'd get an intake, do as much free cleanup as possible, and put it on craigslist for $1500 and see what happens. If someone offers you a little less let it go, you won't make much more parting that thing out after you factor in shipping and fees.