Sell my EM2 for a GSR?

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
So I have a 2001 civic lx 5 speed with 157k miles. I'm honestly not crazy about it. Acceleration on this car is horrible. I find myself going to 4500 rpm 1-4 gear just to hit 50mph when I get on the highway. I never had that issue with my DA. I really just want another integra, but I've always wanted a gsr. I guess my real question is do you guys think I could sell my civic for around equal value of a gsr? I only have around $450 right now so I couldn't exactly put up a lot with the money from selling the civic for a gsr.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
I don't think you can get a reliable GSR with a straight up trade. You can probably get a clean LS/GS/RS though.

Mike61096

I don't think you can get a reliable GSR with a straight up trade. You can probably get a clean LS/GS/RS though.
No I dont wanna trade. I'm saying sell the civic for money to put towards a gsr. Would the civic be somewhat equal to a gsr in worth?

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
You can easily sell that car and get an older GSR no problem. At least that is the case around here, they sell 3-4k usually.
- Aaron

Mike61096

You can easily sell that car and get an older GSR no problem. At least that is the case around here, they sell 3-4k usually.
- Aaron
You're in Cali :( nice gsrs sell for twice that in NY because cars on the east coast rust so easily

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
My bro's em2 ex model is slow. He always complains about it and wants to sell it for an rsx.

Mike61096

My bro's em2 ex model is slow. He always complains about it and wants to sell it for an rsx.
Lol I love seeing everyone agreeing with me. I'm talking to a local guy about possibly trading my LX for a 4 door LS slammed blackworks suspension front to back. I don't mind LS's, I'd just love to own a GS-R. Even my DA was faster than my civic and my DA was an automatic.

Ghost75

Consumer of Apples
All integras>EM2's anyday. Not a fan at all.
I've had a number of teggs. The LS's will go through 2nd no problem but 3rd/4th they get pretty weak. That's where the GSR will give you a lot more fun. B18b's are definitely torquey though over the GSR's.

One thing I learned though....better to be patient for the one, rather than to jump on one that ain't quite right for you, however appealing it is at first.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
One thing I learned though....better to be patient for the one, rather than to jump on one that ain't quite right for you, however appealing it is at first.
Qft. That happened to me and my civic. I jumped on it fast even though I didn't really like civics. Now I'm selling it and waited patiently for a good integra, and now I have one :)

Ryan659

Just an FYi, Premium is not a requirement, it is only recommended. Look up some posts where I have discussed this at length, it is not required.
So when it says "Premium Unleaded Fuel Only" right on the cluster that's a recommendation? :what: