sell my gsr or buy snow tires...opinions plz!!!

98gsrDc2

stolen....
So I recently got a job that requires me to get there no matter the weather conditions...here in n.y. sometimes winter snow is hit or miss...either way my new job requires me to get there no matter what leaving me with the dilemma of selling the teg for a 4x4 or buying snow tires but idk if snow tires are really going to make that much off a difference. Anyone have them and how are they when there is a lot of snow...I really hate to get rid of her but if I have to then I will....any suggestions?

iRazor

actually FF is very close to AWD in snow for traction id say just get some really good snow tires

mirrorimg

Can you afford and have room for 2 cars? If so, you should be able to get something pretty inexpensive for those snowy days.

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Can you afford and have room for 2 cars? If so, you should be able to get something pretty inexpensive for those snowy days.
Have the room but the wife needs a new car. Her subaru is about to crap out so all the extra money is going to a new car for her and insurance premiums here in n.y. are dumb expensive so insurance on 3 cars is out of the question...anyone have experience with snow tires?

jl122292

yes just get some real good studded snows and you should be fine. i live in vermont and we get a buttload of snow. i mean if its a fucking blizzard yea u might be screwed, but overall not to bad with snow tires.. i would save up and buy a 4runner b4 winter thats what im doing, but yea if u cant afford. studded snow!!

Jayteg

Buy a 4runner bro, just not a 3.0 get the 3.4. The 3.0L have crappy heads and head gaskets.

CokeSlap

My g2 GS-R made it just fine last winter here in Nebraska with non studded snow tires and stock ride height, kept on beasting through.

72Spitfire

Just get snow tires. I run them in the winter here in Ohio and they get massive traction. My only problem comes when the snow gets deeper than my lowered vehicle. It then becomes a snow plow :)

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Buy snow tires. Imo its not worth selling a teg especially one as clean as yours just because it snows. I have all seasons and I made it through the storm 2 years ago when Chicago had 2 feet of snow without getting stuck once.