Sell my mostly clean '91 LS or manual swap?

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
So my 91 LS is pretty clean. It spent about 3/4 of it's life in Mountain View, CA before it made it's way to New York when I bought it. It's got decent paint, some of the leaks most integras are plagued with and is all I could ask for in a car. I have plans to do a B18C-R swap in the near future, but my slushbox is shattering those plans. I've looked on craigslist and other places to see if I could find some Gen 2 5 speeds, and almost all of them were rusted out POS's or the buyer was just asking wayyyy to much. I really want to get a 5 speed by the end of July, but it's hard finding a nice clean Gen 2. My question is should I keep the car and attempt to embark in the dreaded auto-manual swap? Or, should I keep searching for a 5 speed to buy? I could pick up a rusted out 5 speed gen2 for around $900, so hopefully around $1000 is what I'd spend on the swap.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
you already know the condition yours is in. why not do the swap?

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

Mike61096

you already know the condition yours is in. why not do the swap?

My thoughts exactly, I have uncles who are mechanics who could help me also. One of them owns a garage. I guess the only discouraging thing stopping me is finding the time to do this. I have the money for a rust bucket to get most of the parts from, but then I have to buy that auto-manual top mount for around $110 I think. I have work like 4 days a week and I only have my 91 LS to drive. It'd be hard trying to accomplish the swap in 1-2 days if that's even possible.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
just fukking do it and post pics of the progress.

happy tuning!!

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Those are all pretty high miles... If you're serious about buying one, check all of them in person and see which one is best for you.

Btw, you going to honda day?

Mike61096

Those are all pretty high miles... If you're serious about buying one, check all of them in person and see which one is best for you.

Btw, you going to honda day?
Never heard of honda day, and I'm not buying them to drive, buying them for parts. Tranny, shift linkage, center console, pedals, etc.

R13

The other asshole
If you have that kind of money why not sell yours and buy a Dc4/Dc2?

Mike61096

If you have that kind of money why not sell yours and buy a Dc4/Dc2?
I don't have "that kind of money", and I want a DA. They're my favorite body style and I'm a sucker for auto seat belts and how my Thule 409 looks on my DA.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Oh. I'd go for the second one. It's only 2 owners, so I don't think it was driven hard. And its cheaper.

Honda day is a big event in englishtown, nj @ raceway park. It's at august 18.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Wait, why not just keep the teg that you are planning on buying? And just put in that type r engine you plan on getting?

Mike61096

Oh. I'd go for the second one. It's only 2 owners, so I don't think it was driven hard. And its cheaper.

Honda day is a big event in englishtown, nj @ raceway park. It's at august 18.
Oh ok. Yea I figured go for the cheapest one too, but Ronkonkama is about 2 hours away from me.

Mike61096

Wait, why not just keep the teg that you are planning on buying? And just put in that type r engine you plan on getting?
Because most of them are rusted in many spots and have bad body damage. I'm not looking to do body work. My DA doesn't really need body work, I just need to fix the leaks and 1 dent. I'd only buy one of the tegs I linked to take parts from it.