Sell or Rebuild or Swap?

TEGRA_OWNER

1996_LScleN
hello all, I am new to the site and i was wondering what your guys thoughts are on my situation.

I have a clean 96 Integra that is my daily, it was spray painted black over Original red which still have its clear coat the car is super nice and fun I love it, but it has 195k miles. so this summer i have three options. Sell, Rebuild, or Swap. (yeah they run longer then just 200k miles but i dont want that many miles on it) i will have a budget close to 2,000 so there isn"t a lot of wiggle room for swap. The car has one of the cleanest interiors i have seen in Southern Oregon. So i could easily get 2,800-3,000 for it the car runs great now and everything works perfectly. I would like to boost at some point if its this car or another but if i do boost i would swap for sure. but i am just trying to get ideas and options from you guys since all of you know a whole lot more then me! haha Thank you for your suggestions guys!

imchongx3

I'm kinda on the same boat, she's burning oil like we did in the Middle East. I love my car too much to see her go though. There's no other car I'd rather be in right now. I'd start with whether the question, integra or new car. If you pick the teggy pick rebuild or swap. If you don't pick your new car off the budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Are the any major problems with the car right now? Does it burn oil/coolant/run rough/etc? Do you want to build a performance engine or does the mileage just scare you?

If none of the above, then drive the piss out of it and DON'T FIX IT IF IT AIN'T BROKE! I have a friend that tracks his DA with 260k on it. He just got around to doing a GSR swap this passed summer after his B18A finally died.

collkid

Are the any major problems with the car right now? Does it burn oil/coolant/run rough/etc? Do you want to build a performance engine or does the mileage just scare you?

If none of the above, then drive the piss out of it and DON'T FIX IT IF IT AIN'T BROKE! I have a friend that tracks his DA with 260k on it. He just got around to doing a GSR swap this passed summer after his B18A finally died.
x2

Uh, Drive it? Save more? Then rebuild/turbo in a year... or 3...?

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas

Agreed

SoundEfx

Keep on driving it with extra care while you continue to save up.

Then when it finally dies, you'll have more money and hence, more options.