SEMA Seductress: Subaru's Legacy GTK

speedin

The Transporter
oh really? subaru is doing that too?.. Ehh
Well ive gone on about the engines before here many times, amongst other things they have been doing lately. The stlying is a given, I mean the new legacy is just fugly. But yea the 6mt that the legacy's get are just as strong as the 5 speeds but just another gear chucked in. They dont come close the the STI 6mt boxes.

DC_Five_Earl

Well ive gone on about the engines before here many times, amongst other things they have been doing lately. The stlying is a given, I mean the new legacy is just fugly. But yea the 6mt that the legacy's get are just as strong as the 5 speeds but just another gear chucked in. They dont come close the the STI 6mt boxes.
dude Mark. speaking of new STI's(sedan) saw one on the road today. No pic though :???: fresh white one.. anyways, I think they're just doing it for money.

ProjektDC2

Damn I think that thing looks pretty sick. I mean if i had the money i would much rather buy an sti but, i dont think it looks to bad.

speedin

The Transporter
dude Mark. speaking of new STI's(sedan) saw one on the road today. No pic though :???: fresh white one.. anyways, I think they're just doing it for money.
Oh they most certainly are doing it for the money. They ramped up production and sacrificed quality in the process.

But I do like the new sedan 1000X more than the hatch. But it still fails next to any other STI prior to the new chassis (GR).

DC_Five_Earl

Oh they most certainly are doing it for the money. They ramped up production and sacrificed quality in the process.

But I do like the new sedan 1000X more than the hatch. But it still fails next to any other STI prior to the new chassis (GR).
Subaru done fucked up

speedin

The Transporter
Subaru done fucked up
yesir! Cyl 4 is Subaru's own hell for the new engines.

I actually think they will fix it eventually and alter the production for the engines at least. I mean if an engine fails under warranty (exactly what is happening) its going to cost you as a company a shit ton more than just building it right in the first place. Not even counting the bad PR.

speedin

The Transporter
hasnt pretty much everyone these days sacrificed quality for production purposes?
Not really. In Japan, yes, it seems to be a growing trend.

The Germans have actually severly scaled back production in an attempt to bring back some exclusivity to their brands. That plus they knew in a global economic downturn their luxury cars will take a hit. And by doing that they tend to devote a bit more time in development because of the new higher price tags due to demand and lower production numbers.

America is trying to get some credibility back (and earn OUR fucking money back *COUGHchevyCOUGHchryslerCOUGH*), so companies like Ford and Chevy are actually putting out a much higher quality vehicle than before. Not Chrysler, they still suck donkey dick :lol:. Ford has been putting out some bad ass cars as of late. Chevy is hit and miss, some are great, some are classic 90's Chevy thought processes.

Korea has stepped their game up in a big way and are starting to legitimately challenge Japan in many areas including quality. Look at a Hyundai now and one from the early 90's.

But yea, not everyone...

Last edited:

DC_Five_Earl

Not really. In Japan, yes, it seems to be a growing trend.

The Germans have actually severly scaled back production in an attempt to bring back some exclusivity to their brands. That plus they knew in a global economic downturn their luxury cars will take a hit. And by doing that they tend to devote a bit more time in development because of the new higher price tags due to demand and lower production numbers.

America is trying to get some credibility back (and earn OUR fucking money back *COUGHchevyCOUGHchryslerCOUGH*), so companies like Ford and Chevy are actually putting out a much higher quality vehicle than before. Not Chrysler, they still suck donkey dick :lol:. Ford has been putting out some bad ass cars as of late. Chevy is hit and miss, some are great, some are classic Chevy.

Korea has stepped their game up in a big way and are starting to legitimately challenge Japan in many areas including quality. Look at a Hyundai now and one from the early 90's.

But yea, not everyone...
True that. The Hyundai is stepping up. I actually like the Genesis