Semi-noob

dennisly

Okay so I am looking to upgrade my suspension. I only have Ksport coilovers and I wanna get some LCA's, Swaybars, Subframe brace, Lower arm bars, etc. But i dont know which ones to pick. Like for example, why do people pick 25mm over 24mm rear swaybars? (just pulling that out my ass) and what are endlinks and why do i need them with an aftermarket suspension? Keep it mind, this is gonna be on a DD and i do touge runs like every week or so.

So far what I want are the following:
- Beaks lower arm bar
- PS:JDM Front/Rear strut bars
- Skunk2 LCA's

And if i get LCA's and a lower tie bar, would i need stuff in the front? if so, like what? Sorry for being such a noob but i gotta start somewhere :oops:

mirrorimg

You do not need to upgrade the front as you upgrade the rear. The front is stiffer than the rear stock on ls/rs/gs/gsr's compared to the TypeR's.

If you want to upgrade the rear swaybar, up to the typer swaybar (from 13 or 14mm to 23mm), you need to get a subframe brace, because the body is not strong enough to handle the stress in hard turns. You can get the rear swaybar for cheaper from acuraoemparts.com than you can on ebay.

People typically upgrade the lower control arms at the same time to have the proper endlink holes in the control arms for the swaybar, make sure the lower control arms that you get have them.

dennisly

Are ASR Swaybars good? Where do you guys purchase your parts as well? The only ones I know of are Password JDM, and Element Motorsports

dennisly

awesome, thanks for the help. uno mas question, what are c-pillar bars and where are they?

mirrorimg

The pillars are the spots on the car that connect to body to the roof. So the pillars along the windshield are the A-pillars, the ones behind the front door are the B-pillars, and the most rear ones are the C-pillars.

A C-pillar bar is going to be a bar that stretches across and attaches to both pillars, increasing the rigidity.

dennisly

Ahhh I see. Wow thanks for the help, really appreciate it.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
C pillar and B pillar bars are useless if you plan on getting either a mirical X bar or a cross bar and a roll cage/roll bar

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
looks epic, looks like it cuts off head rest room in back seat tho, im always drivin friends around lol. can u rig it so it doesnt do that?