setting up amp (wiring)

isa423

street freaks
so im trying to set up my system. i ran the RCA cables through the drivers side now ive heard that running the power cable and the RCA's next to each other messes up with frequencies or something (im not sure im a noob when it comes to electrical stuff) so i took peoples advice and was planning on running it through the passenger side but i could not find out how to run it from the fender to the inside of the car by the ECU. i wanna stay away from drilling if all possible but just wanted to see what your advice would be or if at all possible put up pic of how you did it

Prozon

Kris
I do not think you can get through the firewall without drilling. Some cars have holes for running wires, I don't think this does though.

rnhib25

ricer all day
There should be a rubber piece near the battery (people use that as a wiper delete) take that out and feed the power wire thru there. easy not that difficult

BeatBox

Real Good!
^ ^ ^ ^ thats prob your best bet, as far as running rca's along power wire its to prevent any unwanted noise coming you your subs, some times its a humming.

if it where me id run it along under the carpet against the bottom corner under the door way on each side. that way your not trying to stuff wire under you door way panel molding(not sure what they are called)

make sure you fuse your power wire and make sure it wont get cut with anything when passing thru the fire wall

hope that helps GL!

Bizzyb

B18C1 lover
Ran mine throughout he driver side already a hole in the firewall here's a pic not the best but you can see how my blue wire is kinda run, circled the spot where hole should be in firewall.

mjones73

Punch a hole in the plug and run the wire through it, you don't want it rubbing against the metal opening.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
The hole is right below the battery, it'll feed into the passenger footwell , run it under the carpet and down the door sill of that side. I ran under the whole carpet and into the trunk. Good Luck!

isa423

street freaks
ok sweet i ran the RCA's under the door way already but i didnt want to run the power cable threw the hole by the clutch and as i was looking around the the and saw the hole that all you talked about since i did the rear wiper delete and thought of it as a possability but didnt know how it was as easy to go through the firewall as you all say it is. im gonna try it out tommorrow and let you all know

ricardofavela11

it actually is easy..i ran my 0 gauge wire through the firewall and its hella thick wire so it should be easy for you..just be patient tho, dont just cram everything through cause i had moments were i didnt give a fuck lol

isa423

street freaks
it actually is easy..i ran my 0 gauge wire through the firewall and its hella thick wire so it should be easy for you..just be patient tho, dont just cram everything through cause i had moments were i didnt give a fuck lol
ahahha ok will do im running a 4 gauge

Prozon

Kris
Oh, it's a third gen lol.
The battery isn't next to the firewall on second gens. I was thinking "WTF are you people talking about!"

isa423

street freaks
Oh, it's a third gen lol.
The battery isn't next to the firewall on second gens. I was thinking "WTF are you people talking about!"
yeah my bad i didnt specify but thanks to all that advice i fed it through the hole where the l rear wiper delete is (or was since i used it on my teggy already) and it was super simple from there. now i gonna get my 2 mtx 12 inch subs form my buddy tommorrow :suprise:

the4doorway

or what you could do is run it behind the radio through your hole already and go through thepassenger side i have always personally ran power through driver RCA through passenger but thats just me...

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
for a subwoofer i ve never had problem with noise when running power cables along the RCA.
for a 4 channel it is not recommended to have them next to eachother.
most of the time the LPF filters out the noise frequencies since they are mostly in midrange.

norman19

can u post a picture of where the wire should.come out inside the car when u poke a hole through the rubber piece next to the battery