shaved and painted questions

suzuki714

im painting my car soon and im shaving the gsr wing antenna rear wiper but not shure on what to do with door handels or trim.... ne suggestions

ben h

Banned
shave the trim and iv never seen a teg with shaved door handles i think it would be awsome

suzuki714

ppl said its rice and im going for clean no rice and i wanted to c what ppl think. also i was wondering whare or who has rear duck bills for a 97 gsr hatch

Alvi84

Coy's teg has shaved side moldings. Search for his SSS thread and you'll find some pictures. Looks good. All Type R's don't have the side moldings.

Last edited:

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!

^There's one with shaved door handles as well. I guess it just depends on what you like. If you're going to do a rear wiper delete, I suggest getting rid of the rear squirter as well.

Kinta94

I would never shave my door handles. but shaving the rear window wiper and rear squirter would be nice. But the side moldings I would do as well.

dlo253

Shaved door handles look hella clean, that's not rice (Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement).......which that definitely can't be, need door handles to be allowed to race. Drag race anyways, not sure about others, but I would assume so.

Prozon

Kris
Dlo have you ever seen a stock car, those doors are welded shut lol.
Nobody really goes by the "Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement" thing. People call the clear tails rice, but those have nothing to do with racing lol.

I would shave the moldings but i'm a little sketchy on the door handles. I think I would still reach for the non-existent handle constantly. If you DO go with the door poppers, make sure you have some concealed battery terminals you can get to that aren't under your hood. (So if your battery dies you can get a jump start to open your doors..)

ben h

Banned
Dlo have you ever seen a stock car, those doors are welded shut lol.
Nobody really goes by the "Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement" thing. People call the clear tails rice, but those have nothing to do with racing lol.

I would shave the moldings but i'm a little sketchy on the door handles. I think I would still reach for the non-existent handle constantly. If you DO go with the door poppers, make sure you have some concealed battery terminals you can get to that aren't under your hood. (So if your battery dies you can get a jump start to open your doors..)
^^ that sounds like a good idea o.0 maybe have them tucked under the front bumper unless u put ur battery in the back then under the back bumper

Prozon

Kris
Yes, it's something that most people over-look. Batteries go dead, it's part of life. It's especially bad when you shave your trunk lock too so you can't climb in through that lol.

dlo253

^^ that sounds like a good idea o.0 maybe have them tucked under the front bumper unless u put ur battery in the back then under the back bumper
Yeah that's true, but have you ever seen any "average Joe" try to race with shaved door handles or doors welded shut? They don't allow that, its different for professional racers. But yeah the taillight part is true, the whole "rice" thing is kind of a cluster Fuck lol.