Shaved Jdm Front Bumper Question

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
Im going to be painting my ITR very soon at my shop and I had some ideas that I wanted to run by you guys to see what you all thought.

Now with my JDM front end bumper I am wanting to shave off the license plate holder and that I am for sure of doing. But the thing I am not sure of is the shaving the grill line.

Here is what it will look like if both are shaved. (Done On Computer. Not My Car)

Theasian

Leave the grill line. I plan of shaving mine once I get my new front end here. Buddy of mine is going to weld plastic so their isn't any weak areas.

Theasian

The licenplate frame is what I'm shaving. You should deff leave the grill line

phatintegra

Banned
I would shave the H emblem but would leave the plate holder but then again I would check your state law to see if it's required to have front plate.

mirrorimg

I would shave the H emblem but would leave the plate holder but then again I would check your state law to see if it's required to have front plate.
You dont have to mount the plate there. I have mine offset and mounts to the bottom of the top portion of the bumper.

I like the removal of the grill piece, it makes it look more like the 92-93 DA bumper.

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
I wouldnt be without a license plate. I found this flip slider one that mounts under the bumper so when I need it shown while daily driving its there but when I want to show it off clean I can flip it down and slide it under to hide it.

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
Now here is the thing, if I did shave the grill line should I put somthing behind it? I dont want it to allow stuff flying in but I dont want it to look funny if I put something like a mesh grill there. What do you guys think?

mirrorimg

Now here is the thing, if I did shave the grill line should I put somthing behind it? I dont want it to allow stuff flying in but I dont want it to look funny if I put something like a mesh grill there. What do you guys think?
The only thing you have behind it is the AC Condenser and radiator, but if youre worried about those getting some rocks every now and then, it better be black and not noticeable.It would look like crap if you put the silver mesh in there.