shifter getting hot!!!!

teggyboi59

95teggy
Okay so idk if sum of u have this problem ...recently swap ma cat for a test since then shifter has gone hot wen driving long periods of time ... now ma question is if I put exhaust wrap to test pipe or shift linkages would it work?? Or wat have sum of u done to fix the problem? All answer or suggestions appreciated ...

Probably change knob to titanium??? Would that be better??

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
it shouldnt be that hot that its unbearable. did you remove the heat shield thats under the shifter? i guess it wouldnt hurt to wrap it up B.

teggyboi59

95teggy
Na bro didn't removed that shield ... I jst wouldn't know y it would get that hot do?? Ill wrap it up nd see if it gets any better .. thx bro

Cripton805

Change your shift knob to an OEM leather one.

On my DA it would get slightly warm. Your piping might be bent.

speedin

The Transporter
If that cat is getting that hot that touching the knob is unbearable your cat may be partially clogged. With the heat shield in place you shouldn't have any heat issues with a properly functioning cat.

And idk about where you live but here in this heat a metal shift knob sucks. Let your car sit out in the sun all day and you wont be able to touch it, even a titanium knob I had was nearly unbearable on a hot day. I went to a nice leather knob and never looked back. But if you want the aftermarket style, take a look into Delrin knobs, they dont get scalding hot.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
My shield is removed and it gets warm but not hot. Something is odd about that?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
If that cat is getting that hot that touching the knob is unbearable your cat may be partially clogged. With the heat shield in place you shouldn't have any heat issues with a properly functioning cat.

And idk about where you live but here in this heat a metal shift knob sucks. Let your car sit out in the sun all day and you wont be able to touch it, even a titanium knob I had was nearly unbearable on a hot day. I went to a nice leather knob and never looked back. But if you want the aftermarket style, take a look into Delrin knobs, they dont get scalding hot.
My new knob was hella hot in the sun. I'm going to start making condoms to put on them when they're not in use, lmao

dan_in_ag

CAHLEAN!
My shitft knob sucks to use after its been sitting in the sun but i have never had a problem with it heating from the exaust. I have the stock heat sheild on with a test pipe. i would have to also say that your exaust is tooo hot.

Mikeypotato

I use the cloth case that came with my Spy glasses, throw it on everytime I leave the car
it helps but its still a little hot.

Prozon

Kris
If it's really that hot- I would agree that it could be a partially clogged cat. My friend's Accord had a plugged cat and the whole damn thing would glow red.