shifter linkage area movement and rattling

lunatictokyo

Is this movement normal where the shifter connect?

click the picture for video

I have been hearing this humming especially cruising at 5th gear, and it sort of goes away when I press down on the shifter ....

All the bolts are tight and the only thing I can think where the sound is coming from is the movement of the linkage. The linkage doesn't appear to be hitting the exhaust.

I currently have Mugen shifter bushings in there with C's short shifter, the bushings are relatively new with around 3000 miles to them.

lunatictokyo

ive seen shift linkages are just bad at the joint. that may be the issue with yours.
Thanks for the advice ... I am going to pull the center console and put my exhaust silencer on .. and try to pin point the noise

the problem with these cars is that everything rattles and creaks ... hard to isolate things at time ..

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Looking at the video, I don't see any play in any bushings (which would have been an easy fix). It looks like like inside the transmission. I'd say make sure the exhaust isn't rubbing against something, and there are no loose bolts anywhere, and if all is good, just deal with it. You'll be spending a lot more time and money investigating something that can be resolved by turning the music up.

That, or get a CTR trasmission and have some fun!

lunatictokyo

Looking at the video, I don't see any play in any bushings (which would have been an easy fix). It looks like like inside the transmission. I'd say make sure the exhaust isn't rubbing against something, and there are no loose bolts anywhere, and if all is good, just deal with it. You'll be spending a lot more time and money investigating something that can be resolved by turning the music up.

That, or get a CTR trasmission and have some fun!
Thanks. That's why it's annoying me because I can't figure it out

I already have an ITR my loud exhaust is what blocks out the sound