Shifter Rattle HELP

deeceetwofreak

Looked for some threads about this but didnt really answer my question. Its not the shift knob, or anything under the boot, but i rattle is coming from what seems the shifter, like metal rattling against metal. any ideas?

Jeffbel

Looked for some threads about this but didnt really answer my question. Its not the shift knob, or anything under the boot, but i rattle is coming from what seems the shifter, like metal rattling against metal. any ideas?
Put in new shifter bushings.

dlo253

I got a shifter rattle I still need to fix... Previous owner was a moron, and didn't think about the shift linkage when he put in the exhaust resonator, so that rattles. Need to move the resonator back a few inches. May not be your issue but may be worth checkin out.

Jayteg

I got a shifter rattle I still need to fix... Previous owner was a moron, and didn't think about the shift linkage when he put in the exhaust resonator, so that rattles. Need to move the resonator back a few inches. May not be your issue but may be worth checkin out.
This seems to be a common problem with rushed or bad engine swaps.

dlo253

I got some brand new ES poly bushings. Shoot me a pm if you want.

deeceetwofreak

Thats what I wondering the bushings, and @dlo253 i actually have some brand new ones that my brother gave me a while back so right on!

deeceetwofreak

Well to bump my old thread, shifter bushings didn't stop it. I might have an aftermarket shifter, it's not black like OEM ones, so I'm guessing it is. Is there like a metal wire inside some shifters or something? Because that what it sounds like, and when I look down onto the shifter it has what looks like a little hole right on the top. Or could it be caused by loose shift linkage? Any ideas guys?