Shifting dilemma

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf_DA9
Ok, to start off I have looked around and done some research (on here, Honda-Tech, and other integra forums) but haven't found much.

The issue that I am addressing is that I experience some opposition when I shift.

I'm able to shift into every gear, however it require a little force on my part to do so. It is as if the shifter is stiff. If anyone has any input, that would be appreciated.

I just want it to shift smooth, like BUTTER.

My car is relatively stock,
93 LS
b18a

Recently installed
9lb. flywheel
Exedy Stage 1 clutch
New cv axles
new transmission (ys1-"LS")

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Perhaps the shift lever bushing was tightened too much and is now difficult to pivot.

96LSteg

Jemel
change your trans fluid. Use genuin honda MTF and some sort of synchromesh. I used penzoil synchromesh some people on here use GM synchromesh...

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf_DA9
I'm running new fluid at the moment, just put in Honda MTF two days ago.

I'll jack her up tonight to check out the shifter bushing and see what's up. Thanks for the advice.

96LSteg

Jemel
by "new transmission" im assuming new to you?

Do you know if this trans was recently pulled apart and serviced? Im thinking MAYBE something could possibly not have been put back how it was suppose to go causing your issue. I would still check into the shift linkage as well.

Ftwlsv

Your problem is that the shifter is to tight were it bolts up to the shift linkage loosen it up an you'll notice it right away

2kdb7

I was having a problem with mine. It felt like I was hitting something every time I went to put it in gear. It ended up being the clutch master cylinder. I also replaced the slave cylinder all together it was under 40 bucks.

Look around your clutch peddle and see if the carpet it stained that's where you will see it seaping

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf_DA9
I'm not sure exactly what is going on, because whenever I put it into gear it feels like there is some resistance and like it catches right before going into gear

I ordered a remanufactured transmission from synchrotech and had it installed. "A YS1 for the LS"