Shifting problems, friends 3000GT

JDMB18civic

Friends 3000gt

My friends 3000gt is haveing some shifting problems... we bled the slave cylinder... anyother suggestions???

JDMB18civic

dc2GS-R said:
what kind of problems? shift linkage? grinding? what is it doing
Very hard to shift into gears with the engine running, engine off it shifts fine

bled the slave cylinder, but still no luck.

car wants to roll when its in gear with the clutch in

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
could be a problem with clutch pressure. check for leaks in the hard lines or the master cylinder. mitsu hard lines leak. it happened on both my eclipses when a hardline started leaking just a tiny bit. there was still pressure but it was just missing enough to make it hard to get into 1st gear and others while moving. also not enough pressure to fully disengage the clutch with it pressed in

Last edited:

Jmoney187

LivinLow
Might need a new clutch..or if its a hydraulic clutch then it needs brake fluid in its compartment.
In my truck thats happened to me a few times, i was at a light and it wouldnt go into gear 4ever and finally i popped first and it would roll hard with the clutch down. I jus added brake fluid to the hy. clutch and its was fine. The next time it happened i replaced my clutch,slave clyinder and master cylinder.

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
that is a bad clutch of leaking fluid. if it was having problems shifting when not on it would be the synchros. check the fluid to make sure it is level and check for any type of leaks.