Short Ram VS. CAI

Short Ram Intake VS. Cold Air Intake

• Total voters

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
DailyDrivenDB8 said:
someone needs to show this guy the dyno results of the icebox... lol cause fujita = :what:
Did the Comptech Icebox show better results than the AEM V2?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Since CAI obviously won, which one do you guys think is the better besides the Comptech Ice Box. AEM V2, AEM CAI V1, or Injen CAI?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Thx for your input man! Can't seem to decide.

TegLS97

stock box

I voted for the stock box b/c I hate short rams (too much hot air), C.A.I. systems suck when it comes to rain. I have one a AEM one on my teg now. I know I'm careful too, but sometimes you just don't know where that puddle is lol. (Just from experience). If I got a C.A.I. systme, I would have to get Comptech S. icebox. Plus just throw in a K&N air filter if you don't race your ride. Thanks.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
JDMxDB8 said:
Did the Comptech Icebox show better results than the AEM V2?
yes it is. there's a link somwhere... someone posted it up awhile back. they compared like 5 brands.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
TegLS97 said:
I voted for the stock box b/c I hate short rams (too much hot air)
All you need is an airbox or heatshield. The radiator fans blow right on the air filter of B series engines so a simple heatshield that seals to the hood drastically reduces intake temps

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
DailyDrivenDB8 said:
yes it is. there's a link somwhere... someone posted it up awhile back. they compared like 5 brands.
This one?
http://www.tprmag.com/issue/1/1_intakes.shtml

and yes, Comptech Icebox > All opposition. since my last intake project fell through, i've decided to make my own "comptech" style intake for my DA. i'm gonna fab up my own airbox, run a cold-air extension down into the stock resonator area, put a velocity stack at the end of the extension, and also run a velocity stack right behind the air filter, exactly like the comptech system. should sound EVIL when i do my B18C swap.

Last edited: