Short Shifter Help PLEASE

cripemaster

Ok I read an old thread saying that if you put a short shifter on that it will mess with the gears and such and in the long run make you grind gears while racing and burn out your trans quickly. I just bought a megan short shifter for my 1990 GS and have yet to put it on. This is my 1 and only car so I definitely can't afford to mess up the trans. PLEASE someone who has had past experience with these and knows about these issues PLEASE help me out and tell me if I should put it on or not. THanks a bunch.

JdMrican88

Prince of 2nd Generation
thats bullshit my first car CAme with a short shifter and i never had tran problems just takez time to adjust

95teggy92

i have one in my car and it has never had a single problem it takes a lil while to get use to it you might miss shift every once and a while but no problem with the gears

cripemaster

thanks guys i appreciate it. cause i was reading one really old thread on here and there were like ten people telling some guy not to buy an aftermarket short shifter cause the counterweight messes up the gear timing and so forth for his da9 integra and it will grind all his gears and stuff. i hope i can get a little bit more input from more people just to be on the extra safe side. thanks again.

JdMrican88

Prince of 2nd Generation
well i have a DA9 and i posted my input. THERE Now go drop ur short shifter dont forget the washers on each side and remember not too tight but tight is good Have Fun

cripemaster

Thanks man i really appreciate it. since you have the same car and you're talking to me have you ever had any odd beeps coming from underneath your dash for no reason with no pattern at all? cause mine does that. it's the weirdest thing ever. and also you wouldn't happen to have window visors for a da integra coupe wuold you?