Should I get an iTouch?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I don't have, and have never had, an iPod (yeah, I'm the last one). I don't need a ton of storage for like 1,000's of songs. So I was thinking an iTouch would be a better choice for me. I can't browse the internet with my cell phone, so internet access with the iTouch would be a big deal to me. I think the 8GB (1,750 songs, 10 hours of video) is plenty enough storage for me.
I don't care about the games.
I don't care about watching movies on it.

Anyone have one, what do you like and hate about it?

Is there a monthly fee for internet access with it? Or do you get unlimited free internet anywhere you can find a free wi-fi signal, in perpituity.

OlegWasHere

if you dont like touch screens dont get it.

other than that its good.

ive had 4 5th gen video iPods and an iPhone(witch is an iTouch with a cell phone attached)

No problems besides battery life.
its alot shorter than the other ipods ive had .(but that could also be because of texting alot/ web surfing and my brightness up all the way )

wifi is free.
you can even get an app to show you free wifi spots in your area.
Its unlimited access as long as your connected

if you have a wireless router at your house for laptops you can get on that (its also wifi)

you probably wont get wifi. the range is only about 500 feet. unless all your neighbors dont password protect theyre routers.

but if you dont have wifi you would lose the app store/browsing the web but you can still get apps via iTunes.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
i think the touch screen would be cool, I've never owned any electronic device that is touch screen.

So an iTouch is basically an iPhone without the phone, that's what i figured.

I don't have wifi at home, I have no idea if any of my neighbors have wifi, but i wasn't concerned about using the internet feature at home, I've got a desktop with cable internet for that.

Is it true that the 32 and 64GB iTouch's have faster internet page loading speeds than the 8GB?

OlegWasHere

Is it true that the 32 and 64GB iTouch's have faster internet page loading speeds than the 8GB?

who ever told you that is on crack. no offense if its like your mom.

but no all that means is the harddrive has more space. (you can put more songs on it)
i have a 32gb 3gs witch is the biggest you can get right now for an iphone.

my friend has a 8gb iTouch and he loads just as fast as me.

there's only two things that effect loading speeds.
processor (witch are the same in every iTouch) and signal strength/how fast that network is.

Surferman

I had one till I broke it gonna get another one somtime soon probally.. I had the 8gig 2gen with the speaker.
I used it alot for the wifi. Everywere Id go id check my mail, myspace, and clubintegra.
Songs are allsome, the touch screen worked flawless for me. I thought it be hard to browse surf and type but it wasnt that hard they have everything set up good. There are tons of apps from the app store for like checking weather, games, and even sending text messages(when connected to the internet)

The internet loading speeds wouldnt be faster just becuase of more space unless your keeping alot of cache for offline browsing there all the same speed.

I had the ipod video before this, and i gotta say, even though the video blows it outta the water on storage, its no were near as fun as the ipod touch. You can do so much more on it. I even played little games on it from the itunes store and it was acutally pretty fun. I mean I got alot of music(little over 1000 songs) but the 8 gig was plenty enough room for me.

Id recommend it. And even though you say you dont care about alot of stuff you may get in too it! lol
Only cons Id say was the price, and if you drop it enough like I did it gets alot of scratches. I actually dropped it in the shower multiple times(i like listing to music while i shower) and it fell in the water and it usally dried out and worked again but after dropping it on the cement a couple times on accadent the screen finally cracked all to hell..
wish Id tooken better care of it.

OlegWasHere

I actually dropped it in the shower multiple times(i like listing to music while i shower) and it fell in the water
i just put my iPhone on the sink and turn the speaker all the way up. i cant afford to buy another 400 dollar phone with all the money im putting into the teg lol.

Surferman

i just put my iPhone on the sink and turn the speaker all the way up. i cant afford to buy another 400 dollar phone with all the money im putting into the teg lol.
lol yea i would do that but usally i have the fan on just to get the steam out so the mirrors not all fogged up lol so i would like put it on top of the shower. but me either thats why I dont have one anymore.

OlegWasHere

lol yea i would do that but usally i have the fan on just to get the steam out so the mirrors not all fogged up lol so i would like put it on top of the shower. but me either thats why I dont have one anymore.
yeah i heard you can get water damage just by it being in the bathroom but ive never got any damage.

do you mean the iPod or the teg? lol

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
i read about the faster internet thing online in a forum. I know storage space wouldn't help internet loading speed, but i thought maybe the 32 and 64 GB have a better processor than the 8GB? guess not.

Investigating a little more, i found out there are 3 Gen's of iTouch, the newest came out in late '09. The 3rd Gen has a better looking screen, 2nd Gen has more of a yellow tinge to it, 3rd Gen is more pinkish, but i saw them side by side online and the pinkish looks better. 3rd Gen also has more unlockable apps, loads web pages faster than G2 (faster processor), but battery life is slightly shorter that G2's.
Too bad the iTouch doesn't have a camera.

CLICK

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Do it. My old iPod nano is starting to take a shit on my. I'm planning on getting the 32GB.

rnhib25

ricer all day
okay i'm not trying to be a dick but its called an iPod Touch. I do not understand why people call is an iTouch. You dont call an iPod shuffle and iShuffle, or and iPod Video an iVideo. or an iPod Nano an iNano. Okay i'm done ranting.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Sorry rnhib, that makes sense. It's like, why do people call vtec VTECH, V-Tech, and V-TEC when it says VTEC right there on the damn vlave cover, lol.

Thanks everybody, I'm reading here and other places much more good than downside about the iTouch. I think I'll start looking for a good price on one.

Last edited:

chrisjames

chrisjames
I have the new 8gig nano with the camera and its useless, my droid has more music on it, the only reason I keep it is for running every other day. I say upgrade your phone or go with ay least 16gigs for an ipod.