should i swap for vtec?

dylan

im thinking in a couple years ( since i just bought my car 3 weeks ago) of doing an engine swap for a vtec engine. i have a stock 1994 integra ls auto with 192k miles on it. i know these engines go forever and i was just wondering if you think it would be a good idea to save up my money and drop a b18 vtec in it? also would it be even worth it for a vtec if its an auto. and if not a vtec wats a nice engine i should get becouse i know for sure within the next year or so ima swap it

Havok114

Buy gsr with a b16 tranny if you want to go all motor I would rather rebuild your ls and get a ls tranny then turbo it

Charly[horse]

Name = John
^If we wants all motor he should get the vtec, cuz all motor means naturally aspirated right? I could be mistaken though

Havok114

Charly[horse];937505 said:
^If we wants all motor he should get the vtec, cuz all motor means naturally aspirated right? I could be mistaken though
That's why I told him to get a gsr motor? Yes all motor means N/A

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Buy gsr with a b16 tranny if you want to go all motor I would rather rebuild your ls and get a ls tranny then turbo it
wtf why?

a b18c1 has a vtec engagement of 4200 why the hell would you want a b16 tranny? if you go highway speeds (about 70mph) you are going to be in vtec. I would not want to be burning oil for that long, plus a short transmission with early vtec engagement will help destroy your rocker arm assembaly causing your "vtec pins" to fail causing vtec to fail

Havok114

wtf why?

a b18c1 has a vtec engagement of 4200 why the hell would you want a b16 tranny? if you go highway speeds (about 70mph) you are going to be in vtec. I would not want to be burning oil for that long, plus a short transmission with early vtec engagement will help destroy your rocker arm assembaly causing your "vtec pins" to fail causing vtec to fail
That's what I would do I know plenty of people running gsr's with b16 trannys and they never complain they chose a b16 tranny over a gsr tranny , either way I don't do vtec motors ls turbo all day for me

ProjectDC2

gear ratios are wacked out unless u only use the car to do circuit racing then it might not be a waist

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Depends what your goals are...if u r looking to go turbo them I would stick with the ls but if u r going all motor then a gsr would b the way to go...either way ditch the slushbox

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
wtf why?

Cuz yo! It wut all my boys r doin. Makes vtak pop harder fo sho!

dylan

well i definitly know ima get a new engine and tranny in the next year so should i just get another ls stock and turbo it or just thro in a gsr. and how long do the engines usualy last cuz im fasholy not turboing my ls with 192k miles on it the thing will explode. but the guy i just bought it off of said he rebuilt it 5k miles ago but idk

Last edited:

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
GSR motor and tranny. It still leaves you options on what you want to do. You can do a N/A build and make decent numbers if you have the money. Or you could go F/I and make pretty good numbers on stock internals. I've heard stock internals are good to around 300hp.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
wtf why?

part throttle cruising on the highway wouldnt put you in vtec even if you were within rpm range.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
part throttle cruising on the highway wouldnt put you in vtec even if you were within rpm range.
He does have a point...vtec engagement is also dependent on throttle position, not just rpm. I still wouldn't like it for a dd, but to each their own.