should I trade my teg for an rsx or an s2000?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Guys... Think better than the S2000 or Rsx. I was once Honda brainwashed. With your budget, go test drive an Audi, BMW, Nissan, or Lexus and then tell me if you want to jump in a Rsx or S2000.

Audi B4 2.7L Twin Turbo V6 can be had in your range
BMW 3 series - plenty of 3 series out there in RWD with power and luxury
Nissan 350Z/Maxima - sporty with plenty of mods 3.5L V6 with TORQUE
Lexus IS- nice combination of sport and luxury

Torque is a wonderful thing that the Honda lineup doesn't offer. I know this is the wrong site to preach it and I will forever have a place for a Honda in my heart but in that price range I would set my sites higher. Just my 2 cents.

I chirp the tires shifting into 3rd gear without even trying. Love me some torque.
I honestly think the s2k is better than all of those cars. It's the weld record holder for most power per cylinders, it's definitely best in its class, and would lap and get better gas milage tab any of the cars you listed or even in the price range.

Alvi84

I honestly think the s2k is better than all of those cars. It's the weld record holder for most power per cylinders, it's definitely best in its class, and would lap and get better gas milage tab any of the cars you listed or even in the price range.
I can't dispute the fact that the car has great output for being a smaller motor but I'm talking about a car as a whole package. It has already been said that there is road noise and a stiffer ride (great for sport) but an Audi, Nissan, Lexus, or BMW will give you power, space, luxury, looks, and will hold resale value quite well also. So if he is looking for a fun spirited car only, then hey why not buy the S2000, but if he is looking for it all in one car then I'd suggest reviewing some other cars too. Couldn't hurt to test drive a vehicle outside of the Honda name and it's not like you can race around every where you go (although some may disagree :lol:). Hell if he's that dedicated to the Honda/Acura line-up then I'd look at a TSX or TL. They come in manual and have more of a luxury touch with great handling and a really comfortable ride.

And again, I had said it was just my 2 cents worth. Wasn't trying to make anyone dislike their favorite car or what not.

When I sold my Integra I thought it was going to be hard to get into a different style car. Now looking back I can't understand why I didn't upgrade sooner. The space in my car is something I can't put a value on but it has been worth it and I still stomp the hell out of other sports cars and they are very surprised that my car is even a manual in the first place. I get to see some of the most in disbelief faces ever.

Last edited:

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
Nothing in the world holds resale value like an S2k, outside a MazdaSpeed Miata.

What other cars sold for 25-30k 10 years ago and still command 10-15k on a regular basis?

I doubt the OP has 15k though.

whitedc4

True! Considering my car is just one year older than the released 00 s2k and I see those around 9.

My gsr was 4.5. That's a good point

Alvi84

I think the Integra Type R holds its value in a pretty comparable manner to the S2000. Limited production helps. They retailed for 22-24k new and still go for around 12-15k even when they are 15+ years old.

I guess it depends on the location as well. S2000 are going for 10K in my area all day with low miles. People only ask for higher if it's appropriately modded.

Last edited:

whitedc4

Well honestky i think its only under certain circumstances
Clean title, clean body, all original, low miles and amount of owners. They'll sit on the market with a salvage or rebuilt title at 10 til they come to their senses
Where as an S Can go for 10 at a rebuilt title banged up body different interior issues with the motor and a gear out lol
I think it's the uniqueness of the car.

Esteban99ls

I would get a s2k all day over an rsx. But there are other cars i would look into.
-350z
-g35
-wrx
-audi a4
-mazda speed miata
-vw gti
I have seen all of these cars in your price range. They are hard to find but not impossible. Whatever you get you will be happy with though.

built_ls

title is misleading. is the OP trying to do a straight up trade? or does he want to sell his teg and buy an rsx/s2000?