Should I turbo?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
oh my b it does have a wastegate. So whats the rest of your set up? What ecu are you running? are you running a wideband? Do you have one of those civic radiators?
I have a hks bov, tial 38mm wastegate, custom downpipe, custom 3inch straight exhaust, magnaflow oval muffler, custom welded intercooler piping, hondata s300, ramhorn manifold, autometer sport comp light boost/vaccume gauge, hallman pro rx mbc, greddy turbo timer, and a koyo performance radiator is all i can think of right now.

You will need a half core radiator to make your manifold and turbo fit, a civic one will work fine.
I would deffinately reccomed a hondata s300 chipped ecu, and a quality tune is a MUST.

can I run power steering with a turbo? Will it fit?
Yes, and A/C can fit if you use a log style manifold, but they have less flow.
The best manifold yoi can get for the price is a ramhorn that the cylinder 3 and 4 exhaust pipes go to the rear of the manifold.
Because to goal of a good flow manifold is to have all of the pipes the same length.

Last edited:

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
S300s are pretty expensive.... :( Do I have to run a wideband or a turbo controller on 7psi? I thought a just a wastegate with no controller was good on low psi applications? And if I just let my car idle a bit before I turn it off, do I have to run a turbo timer?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
S100 is fine, just less options

No you dont need a wideband unless your tuning it yourself, which you wont be.

No you dont need a turbo timer or boost controller but id highly reccomend a turbo timer. I got my greddy one for $50 brand new.

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
by turbo controller you mean boost controller right? cause regardless of psi you need one. ive seen some people ( on dsm's) make there own MANUAL boost controllers from parts at lowes. or you can buy a hallman manual boost controller for like 60 bucks... heres a link to one here

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Yeah i think so, and no patchez, please stop posting about turbo stuff.

If you have a waste gate with a 7psi spring and you want to run 7psi then you dont need a boost controller

Prozon

Kris
I'm going to be running power steering. Depends on your manifold. Most of them say whether or not you can run with it. Log manifolds usually all work for a/c and p/s.

I honestly don't know how well it would work without upgrading fuel pump/injectors. PSI doesn't mean much unless you know the size of the turbo. I'll be running 7psi on a t3/t4 but I have a Walbro fuel pump and RC 440 injectors that will be going on with it. You should get in touch with a tuner as well, talking to one really helped clear up a lot of questions I had.

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
I was thnking neptune but I've heard so many good things about hondata. I have to find a tuner lol I dont know of any yet so I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows of a good tuner in northern virginia lol

and I'm getting a timer. the guy im getting the block from has one.

Would this style top mount manifold leave enough room? Tam, (btw whats your name? haha I'm like Jordan, I like to know peoples names lol) I know its the kit but its just the style I'm looking at.

Prozon

Kris
by turbo controller you mean boost controller right? cause regardless of psi you need one.]
No you don't need one. Like Tam said, if you've got a 7lb spring and want to run 7psi, you don't need one.

I feel is necessary to mention that you should probably just go with a log manifold. Tubular manifolds are better for performance, however it's not going to be much of a difference in a lower HP setting as you and I will both be running. I'll be around 230hp with t3/t4 at 7psi and upgrading to a tubular manifold wouldn't really be worth it. (Tuner told me that.)

Talk to a tuner about the ECU. They will be working on it, you probably want to know what they want to use.

Tam=Tyler.
I usually just call him Tam though. :D

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Tubular: Better flow, take up a lot more room. Keeping A/C and PS is not always an option

Log: Small and do the job. Can keep A/C and PS

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
The ones I've been looking at are top mount and I don't care about a/c. I've never had it lol and I'll be doing the delete while the engine is out

Prozon

Kris
A/C delete or P/S??
Like I said, I don't really think that the tubular manifold will be needed unless your trying to make a lot more power.