should I ?

erikonetime

everything goes
And for the eBay intakes, which one do you guys think will be the best?
A short-ram like this

or like this

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
CAI vs SRI is basically personal preference, personally id go sri, better performance from what ive experienced and you dont have the possiblity of hydrolocking

erikonetime

everything goes
That Injen intake looks fake, check to see if it has a CARB sticker on it. if not, then your SOL.
Yeah, I'm pretty confident it was so I just didn't get it. I just went with a cheap eBay SRI, when it gets here I'm gonna just slap a better filter on it.

99Integrags

The Apexi filter is like the best filter you can use. If your gonna get a generic pipe, I recommend an Apexi filter.

evilminion88

I ate the bones
Cheap ebay intakes dont have CARB approval most of the time (hence why its cheap). Seeing you live in Cali I would play it safe and get a CARB legal intake with a CARB serial number. If authorities catch your honda with a cheap non-CARB approved intake on it they might impound it or worse. I'm just glad I live in TX, and even then I have a CARB approved cold intake from AEM and header from DC Sports. O, and by the way, if on ebay it says its "50 state CARB approved" that don't mean shit if it doesn't have a CARB number and badge on the piping itself. The aftermarket part has to have CARB serial number to be fully legal, just saying it isn't good enough. Either ask to see the badge on the product itself before you buy it, if not, safe your money and keep looking. I'm a Texas Emissions State Inspector and even though CARB doesn't matter in TX, I have to know what alowed in California due to it being the one state with the strictest emisions laws.

Last edited:

erikonetime

everything goes
Cheap ebay intakes dont have CARB approval most of the time (hence why its cheap). Seeing you live in Cali I would play it safe and get a CARB legal intake with a CARB serial number. If authorities catch your honda with a cheap non-CARB approved intake on it they might impound it or worse. I'm just glad I live in TX, and even then I have a CARB approved cold intake from AEM and header from DC Sports. O, and by the way, if on ebay it says its "50 state CARB approved" that don't mean shit if it doesn't have a CARB number and badge on the piping itself. The aftermarket part has to have CARB serial number to be fully legal, just saying it isn't good enough. Either ask to see the badge on the product itself before you buy it, if not, safe your money and keep looking. I'm a Texas Emissions State Inspector and even though CARB doesn't matter in TX, I have to know what alowed in California due to it being the one state with the strictest emisions laws.
True, the one I bought said i the description it doesn't have a CARB sticker. But, that's not a big deal for me, imo. My town, the cops don't really care about tuned cars. They'll pull you over but I really have never seen a cop ask to pop a hood. Even if they did, I think they'd give a warning or fix-it ticket. But, it was only $40 so I guess I can see what happens, I'm happy with it for now, until I get more money to get an AEM.