Should sugar-sweetened beverages be taxed?

Should sugar-sweetened beverages be taxed?

• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
thats the gayest shit ive ever read.

nothing will curtail my love for sugery drinks, now im just going to be pissed off everytime i buy it!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i say yes...because obesity is a big thing in america. im fat and i need to lose weight.

i would still buy though

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I say yes. It's an easy way to gain a lot of money and we need to start paying off the debt somehow. I'd rather it be my soda than my income.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Times are hard right now. I don't need to have to worry about paying more for sugar-sweetened drinks.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Times are hard right now. I don't need to have to worry about paying more for sugar-sweetened drinks.
I agree with you but at the same time, it would probably be only a few cents per bottle. I personally don't mind paying a few extra cents as long as it goes towards paying off the deficit. I'm also a fat kid, so any reason to NOT drink soda is probably a good thing for me haha

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
no this shit is like the taxes imposed on tea back before the revolution... they wanna spend less/make more? stop giving out welfare checks to lazy fucks who dont deserve it...

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
i say yes...because obesity is a big thing in america. im fat and i need to lose weight.
I don't think taxing sugar is going to make people more in shape. We tax the holy hell out of alcohol and tobacco and look how much it is still consumed.
I'd rather it be my soda than my income.
I would agree with you it if was a "one or the other" deal. But you know they want both!
stop giving out welfare checks to lazy fucks who don't deserve it...
Simple legitimate solution......People should have to pass drug tests before receiving welfare payouts. Most of us have to pass drug tests to get the jobs and pay the taxes that support people receiving welfare. Many who turn around and use this money for all the wrong things. Many who are suffering because of their own actions. I don't see why I should have to pay tax dollars that end up in the form of welfare checks in the hands of someone who just spends the money on another sack. I shouldn't have to help people who won't help themselves.

But that's another conversation entirely

As for taxing them, I could really careless. I don't drink very much soda/energy/etc drinks anyway

Last edited:

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
no this shit is like the taxes imposed on tea back before the revolution...
Sad but true, England taxed the hell out of petty luxuries to pay for their wars back then. History repeats all too often...

Simple legitimate solution......People should have to pass drug tests before receiving welfare payouts. Most of us have to pass drug tests to get the jobs and pay the taxes that support people receiving welfare. Many who turn around and use this money for all the wrong things. Many who are suffering because of their own actions. I don't see why I should have to pay tax dollars that end up in the form of welfare checks in the hands of someone who just spends the money on another sack. I shouldn't have to help people who won't help themselves.
That's an AWESOME idea.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
only problem with drug tests is they are easily faked. most of those people cant be trusted.
Pee tests are fairly easy to pass. There are better tests that are not really fakeable and date up to 90 days back. Plus consider that the methods of "faking" drug tests aren't very affordable and we're talking welfare people. Also would help by not advertising or ever mentioning drug tests for that matter. Just let them show up and fail.

Of course nothing is fool proof, but it would definitely thin the crowd