show your smoked tails

pinkley

b@115D33p
been thinking about smoking my tail lights but id like to see pics first and get opinions on whats best. the spray or the film/tint type.

let me see some pics!!!

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
i say film, the reason being if you get pulled over, you can pull it off right away and hopefully not get a ticket

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
i say film, the reason being if you get pulled over, you can pull it off right away and hopefully not get a ticket
I've never been bugged for it, even when pulled over, and as shown in that daylight picture, if done right they're super bright still. ONe of the local shops won't pass my inspection with them, but the other ones will no questions asked. I have a spare set of non blacked with a chip in them that I throw in the back for inspections and they don't bug me.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
I've never been bugged for it, even when pulled over, and as shown in that daylight picture, if done right they're super bright still. ONe of the local shops won't pass my inspection with them, but the other ones will no questions asked. I have a spare set of non blacked with a chip in them that I throw in the back for inspections and they don't bug me.
its funny, they go in spurts here. i had tinted tail on my rex and never got bothered but my buddies si got pulled all the time??? idk, i try to lay low anymore, getting pulled over 5 times in a month finaly got to me.lol

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
its funny, they go in spurts here. i had tinted tail on my rex and never got bothered but my buddies si got pulled all the time??? idk, i try to lay low anymore, getting pulled over 5 times in a month finaly got to me.lol
Jim goes hard haha. Down your way aren't they a bit stricted in general, like everything is criminal there with speeding and whatnot. It really depends on the cop etc. If I'm just driving around they won't bug me, but if I'm speeding and bumping the sub, they're gonna ticket me for anything they can. Just make sure you do it in light coats if you use the spray, that way at night they show clear still, PM me if you use spray and I can go over my exact method. I like the way they turned out. Otherwise buy the tint film like Jim said and just rip it off if you get a ticket!

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Just butting in here.. But I've been told to never get talked into spraying it. I forget the reason why, but it was pretty much summed up earlier

Charly[horse]

Name = John
and btw I sprayed mine and they came out really good in my opinion, they have lasted half a winter and a whole summer

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Just butting in here.. But I've been told to never get talked into spraying it. I forget the reason why, but it was pretty much summed up earlier
I have a few sets of tails so it's never been a fix it ticket or anything, and I can swap if needed. So it's a personal choice, maybe if you have some ricer tails, just do a crap blackout job for a week or two and see if you get bugged? I ran OEM 94-97 because the amber shows through on the turn signals and looks good in the day and night, figured I'd run less trouble with run signals etc.

pinkley

b@115D33p
thanks homies! i think tomorrow ill get some tint and see how it turns out. i live in a town where the cops really dont mess with you unless you give them a good reason so thats the least of my worries. ill post up pics when i get them done up.