Si swap?

DAWGSwlms22

so, my car has 218,xxx miles on it, so i've been looking around for a new motor just in case anything happens to the one in it. well, the other day my friend suggested finding a wrecked civic STi and get the motor out of it. does anyone know if this is even possible? or how much work it would take. and has anyone even done it?

DAWGSwlms22

civic STi? do you mean civic si b16 motor?
honestly, i'm not sure what the motor is. but yeah, its the SI, not the STi. idk where i got that from. haha. but its the motor in the new civics, that have 197 hp.

oh, and i dont have enough money to dramatically modify my car to get it to fit. ill just find a b17 or a b20 vtec.

natt2000

b17's arent really the cheapest motors you can get. go with a b18a, b16, or b20.

rockadilla

thats right.
get a LS engine and build it for boost so when ur other engine is shot u will have a 3 hp engine to put in there :thumbs up

built_ls

get a LS engine and build it for boost so when ur other engine is shot u will have a 3 hp engine to put in there
I like this idea seeing how your engine is still running

92gsrboy

good luck trying to find a b17 for sale...your best bet since you dont wanna spend tons of money is throw a b series in it

Just look around your local area or online. You should be able to pick up a B16 and trans for less than $1700.

You don't want to keep your LS trans and bolt the B16 to it. The gearing is too long and you'll hate it.