Sigh.. CEL...

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
Just when things cannot get any worse... my CEL comes on today while driving to school. Here's the scenario...

I'm driving along on a road known as Rt. 113. I am just about ten minutes from school at this point, the car was running fine... no issues. I thought it was weird that it was letting a bit more of smoke out that unusual during the cold morning start up. But I figured, hell, it's cold so it's not that weird. I drive to school... and I went over a bump. It wasn't huge, and it wasn't enough to cause any damage really, it was a normal "bump in the road" - bump. All of a sudden my CEL comes on... and I am in shock. I've had this car for almost three years, since it had 65,000 miles on it. It now has 87,xxx miles, and has never given me any issues until now. I was considering changing the timing belt soon since I doubt the previous owner did...

I'm going to Autozone to get the code scanned... I hope it's not going to cost a lot. :???:

Sigh... /endrant

bank account is running dry after purchasing books.... and i don't work...........

Last edited:

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Go to a muffler shop, well, my bro's shop doesn't charge for a scan.

Who knows, maybe your o2 sensor went bad or came loose or something.

You might need to clean your MAP sensor and TB.

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
really? im still here. i dont see you fool nor your car. i already left the campus.
Really? I'm in the library across Southwick right now. My shit is in the commuter lot, no ITR lip and on Si's with snow tires. What do you drive now?

Go to a muffler shop, well, my bro's shop doesn't charge for a scan.

Who knows, maybe your o2 sensor went bad or came loose or something.

You might need to clean your MAP sensor and TB.
Does autozone charge...? I really hope they don't. Hopefully it only came loose.......

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
You can check the code yourself. All you need is a paper clip. Service plug. Under your glove compartment.

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
I would... but I am a decent amount of miles away from home, nor do I have the patience to do it myself and try to count how long the blinks are, etc. Thanks though.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
an hour before i left campus i was in lydon library. so we pretty much were in the same building haha.