Sign a petition to stop illegal immigration....Update 4/2006, it worked! Sorta....

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Illegal immigration is the single biggest threat to our country's security. Illegal drugs, criminals and potential terrorists are streaming over the border at an obscene rate. The Border Patrol themselves admit they are undermanned and underequipped to control the border, and the White House won't do anything to help them out for fear of being labeled anti-Hispanic or racist by the Media and other intellectually dishonest politicians and special interest group heads. The only way anything will be done about this problem is millions of people come together and have their voices heard as one. Please take the time to check out this petition that has been put together and demand that our national soverignty and immigration laws be respected and enforced.

ReformUS.org

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I hardly see how this will help anything. What are you gonna do when we all sign it post it on the wall of the border to show that we dont think they should come over?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Did you even read the petition? It's going to be sent to the President and all the Congressman.
This is a proffesional, organized petition effort.
It's not something I put together, it already has over 339,000 signatures.
It's something I believe strongly in, so I'm bringing it to the attention of all of our site's members. They can make up their own mind to sign it or not.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Did you come here legally, Slikk?
This is to stop ILLEGAL immigration. We need to process these people to keep out the bad guys. Most people who come in here are good people who want a better life for their family, but alot of bad people come in at the same time. It's not just Mexicans that come through the southern border, people from all over the world break into our country illegally through that border, people all over the world know it's a weak point.
The Border Patrol estimates that there are 11 million people in here illegally, but that's just a rough estimate because no one really knows. It could be as high as 14-15 million, they say. That's one out of every twenty people in this country!

Last edited:

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
i was born in a different country too and i agree with you...i came in legally but we have to realize even though there are nice hardworking people, families coming in ..there are also terrible people coming in that commit crimes and such and start terrible gangs like mS-13( that new el salvadorean gang)there must be a better way than to just completely cut off immigrants from coming into the country but i do understand your view.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I think you misunderstood, IntegrasAreBest...
This isn't a petition to stop all immigration, people can still enter through the proper channels legally as they always have been to do, and will continue to be able to do. This is to do something about people walking in here completely unchecked and disappearing into the country to do whatever they want. Of the estimated 11 million illegals here now, we only know where HALF of them are. The rest just get lost in an overrun INS system that was never meant to handle the present load of people.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Honestly i skimmed through the thread. Maybe if they finished the wall on the border there would be less, most places you can walk over with no problem. Im still not signing.

ltrain

lmfao i dont give a f%ck im 100% hispanic puerto rican/american and i hate illigal alliens. there everywhere in my area and im not racist at all. im not saying not to help the ones that are here working hard cuz they bust there ass 4 there families i just hate the ones trying to get into the country its sorta of a double bystandered

slikk

Money Getter
not beacuse some immigated illegallty means they are up to no good. you oulw have to live the life of a person in a poverty sticken country to understand why people flee the place they know as home to try and make a better life for themselves and their family.

i will however sign a petition if it will rid your country of mischevious immigrants

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
TegSox said:
We need to process these people to keep out the bad guys. Most people who come in here are good people who want a better life for their family, but alot of bad people come in at the same time. It's not just Mexicans that come through the southern border, people from all over the world break into our country illegally through that border, people all over the world know it's a weak point.
Like I said, most are good, hard working people, but there are a lot of bad seeds coming here, too. Bad seeds who steal cars, sell drugs and kill people. We arrest these bad people, deport them, and weeks later they come right back in and there they are, standing on the corner of every major city in this country. It's a revolving door, it's costing us billions, and it's ridiculous.
Stopping the bleeding at the border is the first step in keeping out the bad people. That's what this petition is all about, telling the government to enforce its own laws and stop the bleeding. Immigration needs to be done in an orderly fashion, like we did it at Ellis Island back in the 1840's-1920's. It should be the desicion of the U.S. Government WHO comes in, HOW MANY come in and WHERE they come from, it shouldn't be a free-for-all like it is now.

Last edited:

ltrain

i think teg sox needs to stop watching news because all the crimes i see around here are commited by mostly american born people and theres a shit load of immigrants here bro...... media did a good number on u installing that fear good luck with that

ltrain

PS its not that i dont agree with u, because i dont like illigal immigration as well, but to say that your signing the petition because of fear of crime and having your car stolen from a mexican is outrageous.....i would sign the petition because of the job situtation and thats it..... dont blame the nations downfall on illigal immigrants and take a closer look on the way the govt is being run

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Your deriving things from what I'm saying that aern't there.
Crime is just one reason to get the border under control. When an illegal needs to go to the hospital, who picks up the bill? American taxpayers.
There's a segment of illegals who come here to leech off our public services, not to come to work. They apply for welfare and use the Emergency room as a doctors office. Who pays for welfare system to run? American taxpayers.
Since illegals come here broke, they buy a clunker and drive without insurance. Who gets screwed if they get hit by an illegal? American taxpayers.

It makes me angry way more than it makes me fearful that the Government does nothing about this. Our politicians are wimps, they're more concerned about being re-elected than solving problems. Look what happened to Schwarzenegger a few weeks ago when he offered his opinion that we should do something about the border chaos in California....he got labeled a racist by a hispanic special interest group head, which is an absolutley ridiculous claim that no fair-minded person would make, it's just blatant partisan politics, not truth. That's another reason nothing gets done, the liberal mainstream media is on the side of open border policy and they'll crucify anyone who speaks out on the problem and label them as racists. It's the same reason you never hear anything against rap music's bad influence on kids, because Jesse Jackson and Sharpton will go running in front of the nearest camera and call them racist.

Your absolutley right, this is all the Govenments fault for not enforcing its own laws. If I was a poor Mexican and could go make good money up working here, I'd come here too.

I didn't sign the petition to keep my car from being stolen by a Mexican, I don't know where you got that from. I signed it because it's the right thing to do. The media did a good job educating me on this issue, that's why I'm positive I can shred anyone's argument against signing the petition, because being against enforcing our immigration laws in indefensable. You gotta go outside the regular media outlets to get the whole truth.

Last edited: