single layer head gasket

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
So as some of you know the stupid fuks at tiger japanese sent my the wrong b20(low cr) now Im forced to keep it cause ima spend too much on shipping and fees... Im thinking of ways to bump compression up and only thing that I know is using a single layer head gasket ?? Is it safe? And what else can bump compression besides pistons and flat valves?

DC4GoFast

i have a car problem
Sleeving the block, pistons, and valves like you said thats it. You can't use a single layer headgasket because it is too thin.

DC4GoFast

i have a car problem
Milling the head/block. They wont cover their mistake? Id be pissed.
I thought of that also but by the time that you buy pistons, rods, valves, and might as well get springs and retainers sine your replacing valves, main/rod bearings, ARP Rod bolts and ARP head studs, which you want because its now going to be a built motor, PLUS the cost at the machine shop, your probably way past the cost of a new B20, the right one.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
If you use a single layer gasket, make sure you get your block and head milled/decked like Brown said since the gasket is thin. I would use ARP head studs just to be safe to add extra torque on the bolts. Might be able to add more compression too if you swapped heads on it with the higher compression one instead, not sure though. I heard a lot of bad things about tiger japanese as well. Thats why they are so cheap and no one wants to pay the shipping to get it shipped back which I don't blame them. Good luck!

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
If you use a single layer gasket, make sure you get your block and head milled/decked like Brown said since the gasket is thin. I would use ARP head studs just to be safe to add extra torque on the bolts. Might be able to add more compression too if you swapped heads on it with the higher compression one instead, not sure though. I heard a lot of bad things about tiger japanese as well. Thats why they are so cheap and no one wants to pay the shipping to get it shipped back which I don't blame them. Good luck!
he ment milling and decking to bump compression.... if i mill the head and use single layer gasket im sure my piston and valves are gonna say hello to each other :lol: im trying to work with what i got bro thats why im wondering if someone has experince with these... and if using single layer is even worth the compression bump i get?

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
milling and decking=need to advance timing, PITA, best way to bump compression is the obvious, Pistons

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
How is it their fault that you got the low compression version? Did you specifically ask for the higher compression one? If anything you should be greatful you got the low compression version as you have a p8r head which sells for a couple hundred bucks and flows best out of all stock B20/LS heads...

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
i specifically requested P8R as shown on their EBAY auction... i called and begged the representative 3 times to make sure i get P8R and she screwed me and sent p75 head with p3f manifold meaning low compression...

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
saw hybrid b20 tech website and their low comp b20b made 128.3whp and 123wtq which is not bad at all... all he had was LS intake manifold,GSR stock exhaust manifold,64mm TB(probably did harm then good),straight pipe and cat back exhaust with slight tune on p75 ecu....thats like a 15.4-15.8 1/4 mile time...which isnt too bad for low CR

my setup for b20 is better then that i got 4-2-1 header,chamber intake,12lbs flywheel,2.25 cat back,high flow cat,p06 ecu,slightly ported LS manifold,dyno tune,POSSIBLY SINGLE LAYER HEAD GASKET if it bumps compression a little and a good ignition setup... my gut feeling is telling me just keep low CR b20 and see what i can squeeze out of it