Skid's "Ghost" progress

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
Replaced the rear brake pads today. No more grinding :mrgreen: Saturday gonna put in my cai finally, and check the front pads and see if they need to be replaced. Also, I think one of the bolts that holds on the backing plate to the front driver side rotor is loose cause I keep hearing this clanking rattle when I hit small bumps.

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
Got the intake installed yesterday. Looks good, just need to save up for a k&n filter and be rid of this stupid ebay one. And of course the moment I get done putting it in, it's starts to rain so I'm driving home on wet pavement. Talk about nervous. But at least I actually have the fender liner now rather than like it was with my LS so I should be good on water over spray from the tire reaching the filter. I do notice now though my vtec doesn't crack nearly as loud as it did when I had the sri. Anyone know if that's because of the size difference in the tubes (sri was 4" cai is now 2.75"), or is it just because the filter is now further away from me in the driver seat so I don't hear it as much?

As for the front pads: they looked good so didn't bother replacing them. Didn't get a chance to take apart the front hub to check out that backing plate rattle. I decided to sleep in instead :lol:

Pics! :

R13

The other asshole
Now you just need some blue ricer I mean silicone race hoses. :lol:

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
Oh, and on a side note:
Found out the real reason why my teg sounds like a wrx...

Damn crack in the fuckin header...so that's great. But a blessing in disguise, my buddy has a dc sports 4-1 header he's gonna give me.for $50 :mrgreen:

I wanted a 4-1 header now that I have a Gs-r rather than a 421 since now I have a higher power band. So once I get the money to get a myhindahabits oil pan gasket, the stud kit, and a new oil pan, I'll throw that on too. I'm really liking the progress of my teg so far. I've done a lot more to this than I did with my LS which makes me happy :D

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
Now you just need some blue ricer I mean silicone race hoses. :lol:
:rolf: oh don't worry, that's in the longer term plans. Right now not a priority as much as that fuckin oil pan leak, but once that's done and I get some more blue LEDs for the interior, that might be what's next :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Oh shit that header made a mess, Put some jb weld or at least some high temp glue over it in the mean time, And clean the f*** out of that block when you change headers! :thumbs up

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
its probably the combination of the 2, Intake length and the piping size.

WRX, its an integra...get that shyt fixed ASAP lol.

Im liking the blue accent theme.

Now you just need some blue silicone race hoses. :lol:
x2

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
Oh s*** that header made a mess, Put some jb weld or at least some high temp glue over it in the mean time, And clean the f*** out of that block when you change headers! :thumbs up
The block is damn near clean enough to eat off. I used some super clean on it just a little bit ago, but yeah will do again once I change the oil pan and headers for sure! Since it's leaking down there the bottom of the block (mainly where the gasket is and just above) is all gross again.

its probably the combination of the 2, Intake length and the piping size.

WRX, its an integra...get that shyt fixed ASAP lol.

Im liking the blue accent theme.
Yeah, that's all that's different. Well that and the filter is an ebay one for now too, but it as just a spectre before...

Oh for sure!

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but either way I like it too, thanks :D

R13

The other asshole
Be careful with spectre filters, The plastic cone in the end can come loose, Get sucked up to the throttle body and potentially go through it, Found that out personally a few nights ago :lol:

SoundEfx

Damn pimp, doing some work I see.

A SRI will always be 'louder' than a CAI, even if they are the same size.

Just remember, no puddles.

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
Just remember, no puddles.
Oh yeah, I learned from Dlo :lol: but it figures I'm driving around in the rain on wet roads for the first time in weeks NOW just because I got it installed...

Oh, I have that LS sri layin here if you're still interested. I txt you yesterday I believe. Hmu

SoundEfx

I thought that you were going to put that in the 'new' teg you bought?

My phone is acting up but if the sri is indeed available, MINE!!!!!

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Is there a filter inside the oil pan gasket?

The block is damn near clean enough to eat off. I used some super clean on it just a little bit ago, but yeah will do again once I change the oil pan and headers for sure! Since it's leaking down there the bottom of the block (mainly where the gasket is and just above) is all gross again.
I have to do my oil pan gasket as well. Just ordered the gasket kit from myhondahabit and cant wait to get it and put it on the car. Looks like a PITA to do. Want to get them done together? (no homo) :oops:

skidmarks said:
I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but either way I like it too, thanks :D
It wasn't sarcasm on the blue. I like :)