Skunk2 coil adjuster Eibach springs?

skoodles

I <3 Vanessa
I have a 94 Gsr integra and the guy before ran a skunk2 coil adjuster and eibach spring combo instead of skunk2 coil adjuster and skunk2 springs is there any logical reason to this?

skunk2
DC5 Front -2.25 6k Rear -2.00 8k

Eibach Sportline
DC2 Front -1.7 8.2kg Rear -1.7 4.6kg

i got those rates from the sticky thread. just wondering if theres a reason he did it? i think its the sportline springs ill have to pull the wheel off and look one day. maybe one of you might have a reason for it.

........im not a suspension guru

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
the only reason i would say he did that was because the rear suspension bolts were rusted on (common problem) and he wasnt able to remove the old suspension.

skoodles

I <3 Vanessa
the only reason i would say he did that was because the rear suspension bolts were rusted on (common problem) and he wasnt able to remove the old suspension.
.............not sure what your saying there its got this setup on the front and the back. just wondering why the skunk2 coil adjusters with eibach springs instead of skunk2springs if there was an advantage to that.

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
so your saying he's got Eibach Springs (Ground Controls) sitting on Skunk 2 Sleeves? I thought you meant he had Skunk up front and Eibach on the rear.

skoodles

I <3 Vanessa
so your saying he's got Eibach Springs (Ground Controls) sitting on Skunk 2 Sleeves? I thought you meant he had Skunk up front and Eibach on the rear.
correct eibach springs/ skunk2 sleeves/ tokico blue struts. for front and rear setup.

samace_sg

Second Glance
how do you know they are skunk2 sleeves.. Ground control coilovers are made from Eibach and use the same sleeves as Skunk2s. It might just be a ground control set.

An Eibach spring could not fit on top of the sleeve perch. coilover springs are way smaller.

skoodles

I <3 Vanessa
how do you know they are skunk2 sleeves.. Ground control coilovers are made from Eibach and use the same sleeves as Skunk2s. It might just be a ground control set.

An Eibach spring could not fit on top of the sleeve perch. coilover springs are way smaller.
thats what i was told is on the car bought it from a really good friend of mine once this hurricane is gone and i get back home ill take the wheel off and see if its got any labels on the sleeves.

skoodles

I <3 Vanessa
i now think they are ground control kit the color looks just the same is in this pic. GC any better than skunk2 or is it just an opinion thing? didn't have time to look for a name brand printed on it but i will later

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
X2

Not only that, I dont know about S2 but my GC have Life Time Warranty on them! It came in handy when my allen frooze, called GC they sent me another adjuster(gold thing in picture) and 5allen bolts and adjuster wrench for free... than found out(after takeing my suspension apart) they sent wrong adjuster, I needed one for Koni shocks, so I told him, next day I got the part and guess what to my surprise he sent me 4 new allen bolts and another adjuster wrench! With that kind of service I don't know how you can go wrong with GC! and i didn't even half to send other part back, haha