Skunk2 IM, worth getting?

H8BOOST

My buddy has this intake mani and he really did not see a diff in gain. but its all in how you are building the car. If you plan on a nice build later on than deff go with it but if your looking for major gains i wouldnt waste the money. But this is my op........i wasted my money on one though.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Depends on engine you have, for starters.

Lazyazn23

As far as quality goes, i believe skunk2 IM is pretty good quality. As far as gains, like stated earlier it depends on what you plan to do in the long run, by itself you will not notice much.

1sloDC2

itself won't do much. With a header and a tune it will help out. Add cams into the mix and it will feel amazing.

badshadowej

cameron
i just put one on and i notice a small difference, its only a 7 HP gain, but its every little bit that counts, if u plan on doing more performance stuff its recommnded plus your stock IM is shitty gasket probably isnt too good, and you'll get a cleaner better sounding intake suck, but idk i took my fuel injectors out and there was this plastic orange cover on the ends two of them chipped off a peice dont know if it hurt any but i dont notice a difference although not too worried cause i'm getting 290 fuel injectors

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
You "noticed" a small difference, but you know you gained 7 HP?

Peak HP isn't the end all-be all, if you gutted you low end HP/TQ to gain some peak HP (which is exactly what aftermarket IM's added to inappropriate engine packages do), you could end up with an overall slower car even though you peak HP is higher than before.

BugJuice

I have the b18b motor. Stock internals. Would i need a tune with it?

Oh and what i want to do down the line is turbo charge it.

96GSRteg

Tyler
thats fine and dandy and all, but once you start upgrading the IM, tb, and intake, you need to look into getting a tune. Because that is where you will really start to notice changes, not just mentally notice things because you know the box says you gained something.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
it will be too much air for a stock motor
That was the only post in this thread that made any sense. Your car will run lean with the intake manifold (assuming your relatively stock). Your most likely not making enough power and your powerband is most likely not in the upper RPM range. You'll want to upgrade your cams and pistons to take advantage of what the IM can put out.