Skunk2 mega power exhuast Questions!!

98gsr

Hey guys im new actually my first post and i have a 98 DC2 and i want your guys opinion on the skunk2 megapower cat back exhaust. Does anybody here have it? or anyone know someone who has it? I need a good review of it and i would like to know how loud it is. I dont mind my exhuast being semi - loud but could i carry a conversation on wth someone on the highway? i mean is it as loud as the ricey ones? or as loud as the apexi N1? or more like to evo2? thanks any help is appreciated!!

nautica_t

its pretty loud, you probably can carry a conversation, but you'll be speaking a bit louder than normal though :p

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
I have it and i have had the Apexi N1 as well the N1 is loud on a higher note but the Skunk2 is actually loudr and more bassier than the N1. it also depends on the rest of your setup. im running a stainless steel DC 4-2-1 header and a magnaflow cat and its not ricey at all just loud especially duing vtec.

Some pics

bsampson

I have it and i have had the Apexi N1 as well the N1 is loud on a higher note but the Skunk2 is actually loudr and more bassier than the N1. it also depends on the rest of your setup. im running a stainless steel DC 4-2-1 header and a magnaflow cat and its not ricey at all just loud especially duing vtec.
Ok. im just really debating if i want the exhuast...umm...is it like loud enought to get a bunch of attention from the cops? cause thats what i dont want either i do a lot of stop light racin :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

wite2nr

Do you notice any lost power with the ws2 vs other exhuasts? i heard some people lose a lot of top end with the ws2 restrctive design...
pretty much any exhaust is going to be less restrictive than the stock exhaust. and for the most part we are talking about 150 hp hondas, with mild bolt ons (I/H/E, yes technically a turbo is a "bolt on"), difference wont be more than +/-5 hp. i would take a WS2 because i like the more subtle look and quieter note.

98gsr

BUMP anyone else have the skunk2 exhuast? anyone notice anything on the "butt dyno"? and was it easy to install? do you think its loud?

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
One of my friends has the Skunk2 on his 08' Civic. .Sounds nice. .But i'd go with the APEXi WS2 on account of that's the exhaust I plan on buying.
xD

bsampson

One of my friends has the Skunk2 on his 08' Civic. .Sounds nice. .But i'd go with the APEXi WS2 on account of that's the exhaust I plan on buying.
xD
ya i wanted to get the ws2 also but after countless hours in front of the computer....your definitly gonna get more HP with a straight through so im gettin the skunk2