slamming your teg

So Breazy

So I bought some lowering springs for my teg. 2.5 for the front and 1.65 for the back. I was jst wondering how low you would ever recommend slamming your car? Also, what is the lowest you'd be able to slam it without possibly grinding wheels.

Joshmmc

Depends on the size of your wheels/tires and whether or not you roll the fenders. You can slam something probably to 4 inches with rolled fenders and 15's on low pro's. I think between 2.5-3 is about what most people will top out at if you desire any practicality.

JackJack

a question connecting to this question lol

i have 205/60/15 tires.. would dropping it 2" all around hurt anything?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you do have beefy tires. you can always try it out :thumbs up i barely rub and i have 205 50 15 i am lowered to 19.5" to the center of the hadlights (yall cali people get what i mean) but i rub only when i go up steep driveways

72Spitfire

Remember that by lowering your car your changing the camber angle of the tires to the road (ie Negative camber). Unless you drop it the right way by adding adjustable camber kits to the front and rear, you will chew through tires every 1500 miles. And the car will handle like crap too. If you drop it, do it right. :)

mirrorimg

Remember that by lowering your car your changing the camber angle of the tires to the road (ie Negative camber). Unless you drop it the right way by adding adjustable camber kits to the front and rear, you will chew through tires every 1500 miles. And the car will handle like crap too. If you drop it, do it right. :)
No. If he does not get an alignment he will go through tires quickly because his Toe is off. The Camber will cause some uneven wear, but is no where near as accelerated as bad Toe settings. It is not mandatory to get a camber kit, as you would see if you read all of the literature on it, but it is a good idea to extend the life of the tires.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
No. If he does not get an alignment he will go through tires quickly because his Toe is off. The Camber will cause some uneven wear, but is no where near as accelerated as bad Toe settings. It is not mandatory to get a camber kit, as you would see if you read all of the literature on it, but it is a good idea to extend the life of the tires.
THANK YOU finially someone believes me!

But anyways sometimes you want a little extra camber dialed in for some driving activities. But at the very least get your toe aligned

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
I was tucking half the tire on 195/50R15's with no rubbing issues on non-rolled fenders.

I wouldnt consider slamming on such a huge sidewall. The lip that runs down the middle of the wheel well (front) will slice your tires.

x3 on the camber issue. Get an alignment right after you drop to save tire wear.

This would be a good subject in my slammed info thread (check sig).

Last edited:

So Breazy

Oh boy am I confused now. I'm complete car noob btw. Soo before I get my springs in I should replace my front and rear struts? What else should I do? Hhaha somebody wanna make me like a list?

dizzle209

While you slam your Integra, buy some drop shocks. I would just order some online. Once you have all your parts, then drop it. Afterwards, go to Sears or wherever and get an alignment. They will need to adjust your toe/camber, etc.