Slowly but surely! (My Build)

smit7277

Coming along nicely...great job with your bartering for parts also...it truly has become a lost art, thanks for keeping it alive.

Jeffaj20

Update Time!

I just pulled it from my other threads....

Detail of parts Update 25! 5/20/2013

I chose Prosport Gauges, the tinted ones so when they're off they look like this...

I got a boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, and a water temp gauge.

My other purchase was a wideband AFR gauge combo:

I decided to go a completely different route when it came to inter-coolers. Some might say it's not the smartest choice, some might ask why i gave myself the head ache. I did do my research on this, I didn't just go for it to be different and well, I wanted a sleeper look. Where you couldn't see an inter-cooler from just looking at the car. I thought it would be a bit more interesting going this route anyways.

Got Cores? LOL

Water Pump

I decided to go with a water-to-air inter-cooler. Mostly because it gives me the option to place it where I want to and stay hidden. But also because I will use less piping, I will only need about 4 feet of charge pipe, which will help with throttle response. And less modifying the body. Yes, I will have to plumb it and get a water tank for it. But i think it'll be cool to have done something a little different than normal. Shall be an interesting adventure.

So the engine was just disgusting, 21 years of oil/dirt/grime built up A LOT! Luckily I had WD-40 and a bottle of this purple degreaser. Still got a lot of cleaning up, but dam, what a difference for the first try!

Before

After

Update 26! 5/30/2013 NEW JOB =)

So, I have a week off before I start my new job and got bored.

I decided to clean the rest of my block and transmission before I worked on it. I swear, this stuff (purple power) kicks ass!

I decided to open up my noisy transmission and see what was wrong....

Well I opened it up, 3rd gear looked a bit rough, but then I looked in the magnet tray and saw bits and pieces of bearing in it. Looked at the main bearing and this is what I saw...

Makes sense why my it was so noisy! Geez!

Update boredom

So... Since my car has been sitting for awhile since I have to get new motor mounts because mine were of course all shit haha

Had to cut back on spending until I start to get paychecks. But I'm going to be ordering motor mount inserts so I can at the least drive my car!

Also, I got bored over the weekend and went to a swap meet and found a budlight beer tap for $10... haha so I figured what the hell!

Just for a good laugh!

Update 27 09/02/2013

Ahhhhhhh the new job kicks ass!

Lot of stuff has happened....

I recently passed a kidney stone, which btw sucked major ass! What sucks more is I was between both my jobs insurances.... SO i'm kinda boned there whenever I get that bill. lol So I slowed my spending down to save up for whatever bill comes in.

I got crower upgraded springs and retainers, crower 403's, 1000cc injectors from a guy on craigslist for pretty cheap. Just got to get a valve spring compressor, I bought one from Euroexport, but the wrong one, so hopefully they'll let me exchange it.

The engine was installed and the s2 intake made a small but noticeable difference. But my head gasket was going bad so i pulled the head off and since it's off I'm going to just install the cams and springs since it's easier haha so once again, immobilized.

OH....

Got my carbon fiber vinyl a while ago and finally got to installing it today.....

Update 28! 10/12/2013

So the cams make one HELL of a difference, on the butt dyno at least haha.

They make power through the whole rpm range. They want to carry it past my 7,100 rev limit, so when I get it tuned i'm going to up the rev limit to 8,100. These things are so lumpy on cold starts, but when warmed up run smooth. Next purchase is adjustable cam gears to dial the cams in, then go to the tuner.

Also got my gauge cluster figured out, turns out 52mm gauges are the perfect fit to the stock gauge in the cluster. So after putting the strip of l.e.d's in the cluster I tried putting the water temp gauge where the old temp gauge was and it fit real snugly inside. Best part is it even had room to put the glass back over it. So here's my view of the cockpit as of now....

Everything is coming along nicely. :)

Squishmitten

Looking good! Sorry to hear about the kidney stone man, definitely one of my worst fears.

Jeffaj20

haha Thanks a lot y'all! Means a lot! And yeah, the kidney stone really sucked, the drugs they gave me were awesome though. lol Never want to experience that pain EVER again in my life though.