small suspension question

Ganyon

I searched and searched, but didn't find my exact answer. First question is actually one I just thought of after doing some reading, but what the hell is an isolator?

second question, I was playing with all my parts and was doing a mock up, and since I'm new to suspension junk, do these look right?

Front

rear

I know its all loose (thats what she said) but does everything seem to be in the right order?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
wheres the top hat gasket? it goes between the tophat and the spring. it helps seat the spring correctly to the tophat. and the bump stop is upside-down. did you cut off a few inches from it?

heres how mine are put together

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Bsweeney

I wouldn't call it a gasket its a spring seat or insulator

Ganyon

Lol, I should since everything is still on the car. I'm only using these top hats for the front. The rears are going to be stock. Also, should my bumpstops be where I have them, or in the top hat like coy's?

Bsweeney

Its doesn't matter as long as the arent upside down because they will move around when u drive.

Ganyon

Ok thanks. I think I've got this now. I dont wanna mess anything up so I'm trying to clear up any confusion.

Ganyon

I hope. Maybe I should pick up some extras just in case, although I crawled under the car and see zero rust.

Bsweeney

The rear strut fork bolt sometimes the head breaks off because its seized in the bushing. deffinatly a pain I broke mine and actually drove on it like that for while til I could bring it somewhere. I wouldn't really recommend that Lol. But if you have never taken your suspension apart or replaced your struts it might happen.