Small Updates on my 01 Teg

White_Rabbit

Few small things to the car.

First the 18's were too large so I got rid of those and went with Konig Tantrums in silver and 17". Basically they are same style as Motegi MR7's. Also, I changed out the bumper lights for clear ones. Lastly, the front calipers looked horrible. Someone talked me into color matching them to the car so I tried it out. I like them but wish I would have went black. I didn't really want them to stand out since they are black. No biggy cause they're getting changed to two piston calipers when I get back from my deployment.

Onto the photos.

Before I got started

With the wheel off. You can see why I wanted to clean them up.

Cleaning them up with Brake Parts cleaner and the hose real good

Prepping it for paint. Some stuff I didn't want to get paint in or on.

Primed em

First coat. This pic made it look silver because it was a thin coat with grey primer under it.

After I few coats of white and a few more coats of clear its back together.

Here are some pics as of today of it washed and waxed.

Near future includes a new hood, CF front lip, 98-01 all red stock tails, my fourth set of rims since getting the car, and 2 1/4" catback into a Flowmaster 60 series muffler. After my deployment not sure which route I'll go with it. I have some time to figure it out though. Thats when it becomes my toy because soon as I get back I'm finally buying myself a brand new car. Looking at a 2009 Honda Civic Si 4-door.

I'm highly disappointed with my photography skills. The pics made it look like a POS when its actually in pretty good shape. The front does have a few scrapes in it but that gets taken care of with the lip. They aren't near as bad as the pics make them look. The front and rear bumper are off but again in the photos it looks like I can stick my foot in between the body and the bumpers lol...which is not true. Oh well its a work in progress just thought I'd share.

White_Rabbit

I thought the same thing and thats why I wanted to go black, but I did a few coats of clear and they spray right off with the brake dust on the rims. Had it like that for a week or so now and they still look like that.

Sammich

i hope they stay like taht for u...good job, but i personally wouldnt have done white. good job on the workmanship though

White_Rabbit

Thanks for the compliments. Like I said I was going to go black just so it would make them look clean but they wouldn't stand out. Few people said I should color match it to the car. So I figured what the hell do I have to lose. Can of paint is only a few bucks a couple hours. Never know till you try it. I'm diggin it so far so it worked out ok.

White_Rabbit

Well if you see my original post of the car I had chrome 5 shooters on there when I bought it. These were basically a direct swap. Its not exactly what I want but its a huge step up from the baller rims. When I get the ones I want and actually buy them they'll be a 16" bronze wheel with a polished lip. I was un decided before but now I know for sure I want the bronze.

Thanks guys. Its nice to hear compliments and constructive criticism on the car rather than bashing things I haven't done or on things I should do. Pretty much why I post here versus team integra or Honda Tech.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
yea that white will turn black if your still running oem pads. I got a white teg myself and im going to be painting my calipers black.. I agree on the rim size, but your fixing it, no props to you!