SMOG Check

choyoyoing

How you like my v-tec?
Okay, here's the thing...I have to Smog my car through a Smog Check or Gold Certificate Smog shop this year before I get my tags. This was my first time trying to get it smogged LEGALLY, but when the guy at the Smog Test shop hooked it up, his computer could not link up to mine. So, needless to say nothing was done.
I found out later that it wouldn't read my ECU because I have a Hondata S300. So I'm currently in a bind because my tags are due, I can't find anybody to pass me ILLEGALLY, and I'm up in the air on how to make it pass LEGALLY.

Should I:

A) Buy the stock ECU for my car and have them smog and then hook the other ECU w/ the hondata afterwards.

B) See if DMV will let me get an extension on the smog, but allow me to purchase my Tags

C) All of the above

D) None of the above

DarkDB1

A) Buy the stock ECU for my car and have them smog and then hook the other ECU w/ the hondata afterwards.
Best choice

B) See if DMV will let me get an extension on the smog, but allow me to purchase my Tags
Not possible, You can pay for them but you won't get them until it's smogged... What they probably will do is give you one of those reddish pink numbers that are usually good for 30 days. I was in the same situation at one point

C) All of the above
Not possible to accomplish this

D) None of the above
After you fail 3 times, your car is deemed a gross polluter that will show up on carfax and the DMV records, Where they will call your car in for smog every year or two. They started calling my DB1 in for smog every year because of this... It just would not pass at all for some reason, even after fixing a bunch of crap... I just ended up selling it because I didn't want to pay $250 to have it done illegally every year and the fact theft is really high on these cars.