smoke out the exhaust

tegboy148

Im gettin a lot of white smoke out of the exhaust when i first start my car any ideas on what itd be?

XxCaryxX

Does it go away when the car warms up? If so then it's just condensation build up from the exhaust/outdoor temperature/humidity levels and such. If it doesn't go away once warmed up then post some more info for us please.

tegboy148

Yeah i figured either head gasket or condensation build up but seeing what other people have to say about it is nice to and yeah its just when i first start the car. When it warms up its fine.

steven

JDMDA4LIFE
yah its just water in you gas tank i live up in south lake tahoe and i have that proplem all the time

tegboy148

well it smells like burning crayons is that how its suppose to smell with a little condensation or what?

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
if there was water in your gas tank you have a problem, not only can you get hydrolock and ruin your head your tank would have holes in it, unless you poured water in there.
its just codensation in your exhaust. it happens a lot and it is normal, especially if its cold outside. if it still happens when your warmed up and the temp is normal out, then your burning coolent (head gasket)

has your car always smelled that way? or is this just a recent thing

dellington69

I havent had the car long enough to tell but its pretty normal so far. but it slowly goes away as it warms up.

Cman46290

gd these people just throw out generic problems....

If the smoke goes away after warm...(and im assuming this is white smoke) then you are FINE. If the smoke persists.... then you would need to look and see what color it is.... if its white... prolly just running rich... and prolly fuel...(you could smell the exhaust)

blue and black smoke are gunna be bigger problems... like burning oil due to bad piston rings... or head gasket problem.... or other issues.... if the smoke goes away... and the car is running fine... and all fluid levels are ok... and no check engine light... then you are fine.

Hot.Damn.

newb and awesome
gd these people just throw out generic problems....

If the smoke goes away after warm...(and im assuming this is white smoke) then you are FINE. If the smoke persists.... then you would need to look and see what color it is.... if its white... prolly just running rich... and prolly fuel...(you could smell the exhaust)

blue and black smoke are gunna be bigger problems... like burning oil due to bad piston rings... or head gasket problem.... or other issues.... if the smoke goes away... and the car is running fine... and all fluid levels are ok... and no check engine light... then you are fine.
White smoke is coolant/water
Black smoke is fuel
blue smoke is oil

I can't quite remember what color ATF burns but im thinking white smoke