smokes comes out of tip when i hit vtec

JoWe

after i install i exhuast system on my gsr, smoke comes out of my exhuast tip when i hit vtec on the car =(
i ask my friend about it but n he said it might be a blown head gasket but doesnt seem like no leak there after i clean the motor... HELP!

JoWe

nah stock cat, tenrai 2.25 pipe to tip, didn't smoke when i had my stock, but when i install it n turn on my car it was like coming out whitish smoke... ask my friend that install it with me it is normal he say it was maybe the lub of the a new exhuast so after a while it went away(like a day) and but i realize like blackish smoke comes out when i hit vtec on my car(my back bumper is white n its like getting black spots near the tip) but when i cruise its okay

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
The black is just from running rich when you hit vtec. Could be from the exhaust, maybe. What other mods? The white smoke very well could have been from lube on the exhaust.

maddogg20

if the smoke smells sweet then it could be antifreeze burning off, and if its bluish and stinky it it probably oil.

JoWe

1994 gsr
b18c1 stock motor
aem short ram intake
dc headers 4-2-1
tenrai exhaust ( stock cat)
ngk sparks + wires
aluminum radiator

i think these are my only thing i have replaced.....

this happened after i install the exhaust
i'm gonna get my compression check next week from a friend

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Do you have a check engine light on? black smoke is probably your car running rich

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
If the exhaust is brand new, sometimes they are coated with oil to prevent rust while in storage. The smoke could just be the exhaust being "broken in" so to speak. I say keep driving around with it normally (don't beat the shit out of it), and if it still does it after a week or so, then start troubleshooting. I wouldn't worry about it just yet though.

JoWe

i have the exhuast for 2 weeks now n i barely took out the silencer today n still blackish/whitish smoke when i hit vtec... hopefully its not internal stuff when i get a compression check next week. no check lights and motor is clean ass fawk, n just did a oil change today too n all liquids are all looking good.

j13

Keep It Clean
Black smoke is just fuel, you're almost redlining it when this is happening..I wouldn't worry about it.