Smoking out of tailpipe

turboteg94

Hey I have a 94 integra turbo ls its got a b20 bottom end and a b18b head it didnt smoke before when i got the car but it over heated on me one day and blew the head gasket so i replaced the head gasket and redid the valve adjustment and ever since its been smoking weather im sitting still at idle or driving it, it does it no matter what. its already tuned and is only running on 8lbs and has 450cc injectors. i went and picked up a b18a1 that has only 100,000 miles on it and was going to swap it with the one i have now but i am just trying to get some input if anyone may know what may be going on

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
Leak down and compression test should give you a better sense of whats going on G/l man

turboteg94

ok ill do a leakdown test tomorrow and see what happens. i forgot to include that the number 2 cylinder wall sleeve has a hairline crack. How would that effect everything?

turboteg94

i knew it was cracked once i pulled the head off but i didnt think it would be that bad cause it never smoked before i did the head gasket and i had been driving on the blown head gasket for a week then i replaced it.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
im pretty sure your head gasket is blown again dude if its white and blue smoke, does your oil have coolant in it and vise versa?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Once you have a crack, regardless of how insignificant you think it is, the cylinder is compromised. Compression will get out and oil/water will mix. Its not good and will only get worse. The cylinder liners can now shift compromising the head gasket.

You either need to replace the block or get it re-sleeved.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Once you have a crack, regardless of how insignificant you think it is, the cylinder is compromised. Compression will get out and oil/water will mix. Its not good and will only get worse. The cylinder liners can now shift compromising the head gasket.

You either need to replace the block or get it re-sleeved.
that and get everything resurfaced.