p0122 - tps
p0420 - o2
p0301 - cyl. 1 misfire
p0302 - cyl. 2 misfire
p0303 - cyl. 3 misfire
p0304 - cyl. 4 misfire
p0300 -
p1399 -

Pretty much my main problem with the engine shaking and being unstable is pointing to my ignition coil. Thoughts? Last 2 codes kinda throw me off

RonnieJ86

the 300 1399 are there cause of the misfire codes and the o2 code. just change out the plugs and wires and the o2 sensor and try cleanin up the throttle postion sensor (tps) that should clear it up and stop ur engine from shaking

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
the 300 1399 are there cause of the misfire codes and the o2 code. just change out the plugs and wires and the o2 sensor and try cleanin up the throttle postion sensor (tps) that should clear it up and stop ur engine from shaking
:thumbs up I had this problem before. I changed my spark plugs+wires. And did the above. My car runs fine, now.

Resistance92

Update: Posting the results & fix just incase someone searchs and has my same problem with engine shaking and blinking CEL light and these codes.

I changed my ignition coil, spark plugs, and spark plug wires. Car is back to normal :D So happy. was so stressed out, especially when i coulda been done in a matter of minutes but the screw on the ignition coil holding the wires stripped...was a bitch to finally get out and then the spark plug in cyl. 1 was so damn tight as it had a rubber piece stuck on it :( ...idk how the fuck that got there...took so much force and leverage to finally get out

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Glad you got it fixed man!

And also be glad you didn't strip the spark plug, that would have been a head ache down the road :p

Resistance92

Glad you got it fixed man!

And also be glad you didn't strip the spark plug, that would have been a head ache down the road :p
THanks bro. I ship out to BMT in 10 days, selling the car to my bro for 2800, he gonna make payments. Hes good for it...i hope lol

When i get out ima be looking for a 4 door gsr or ima buy a honda fit SPORT. cant wait. Big upgrade from this...shes been a good car to learn mechanics on and i did get her for only 2200

I mean shes a 98, meaning shes 14 years old and the previous owner only did routine oil changes and changed the timing betl once...car has atelast 220k miles...so shit is gna fuck up but shes back driving like a champ

just wish i had a car worthy of showing off but im grateful i got her as my first ride. No one will prolly read this lol

RonnieJ86

the spark plug in cyl. 1 was so damn tight as it had a rubber piece stuck on it :( ...idk how the f*** that got there...took so much force and leverage to finally get out[/QUOTE]

that rubber peice wasnt the spark plug gasket was it cuz u do need that in there.

Resistance92

the spark plug in cyl. 1 was so damn tight as it had a rubber piece stuck on it :( ...idk how the f*** that got there...took so much force and leverage to finally get out
that rubber peice wasnt the spark plug gasket was it cuz u do need that in there.[/QUOTE]

what? do i need to put it back in on the new plug?

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
THanks bro. I ship out to BMT in 10 days, selling the car to my bro for 2800, he gonna make payments. Hes good for it...i hope lol

When i get out ima be looking for a 4 door gsr or ima buy a honda fit SPORT. cant wait. Big upgrade from this...shes been a good car to learn mechanics on and i did get her for only 2200

I mean shes a 98, meaning shes 14 years old and the previous owner only did routine oil changes and changed the timing betl once...car has atelast 220k miles...so s*** is gna f*** up but shes back driving like a champ

just wish i had a car worthy of showing off but im grateful i got her as my first ride. No one will prolly read this lol
I was looking at the fit too, but I couldnt resist the deal I got on my current teg.

I would say get it either way, those are fun little cars.

And for the rubber spark plug seal, you need it or oil will seep into the tubes, and you'll start smelling burnt oil

Resistance92

I was looking at the fit too, but I couldnt resist the deal I got on my current teg.

I would say get it either way, those are fun little cars.

And for the rubber spark plug seal, you need it or oil will seep into the tubes, and you'll start smelling burnt oil
Ya ima prolly get the fit :D

and dude i dont understand y only cyl. 1 has this rubber seal and the rest dont? is it really necessary? it was a bitch to take that spark plug out with it on and now its like wedged pretty hard on the old one.

if its absolutely necessary then i guess ill do it but makes no sense y the otehrs dont have this rubber seal. thx for the help btw. been harder to get help around here...so much trolling and off topic

RonnieJ86

those rubber seals are sopose to be in all 4 of them u could just get a new set be easy then getting that old one off

Resistance92

Okay so i need to get 4 spark plug seals? what would they be called if i went to autozone to buy them? i do smell oil sometimes. but damn if i add them itll b so hard to get the plugs out again but hey itll b my bros problem lol

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Ya ima prolly get the fit :D

and dude i dont understand y only cyl. 1 has this rubber seal and the rest dont? is it really necessary? it was a b**** to take that spark plug out with it on and now its like wedged pretty hard on the old one.

if its absolutely necessary then i guess ill do it but makes no sense y the otehrs dont have this rubber seal. thx for the help btw. been harder to get help around here...so much trolling and off topic
Post pics. There is no way in hell you are running without a spark plug vc grommet. You would have oil everywhere.