So I found out I have a fake Cat. and some other things :o

ryann48

So I just got installed my new Header, and since we had to cut and move my catalytic back we found out that it had been gutted by my previous owner. I also heard its around a 5000$ fine -_-, I also have to buy studs and nuts for my headers since im missing 3 of them >.<, Also has anyone else had the problem of 4-2-1 header sitting unsually low to the ground, I had to raise my front end a little bit cause I was already scratching em up from bottoming out to easily >.<,, I also need a wire touch up cause I feel like headlights have a short somewhere -_-

TheSkygun

Sounds like you got fucked, anyways have pictures to show for help?
What header do you have one, how low are you and on what?

ryann48

Yea I was planning on getting the highflow cat at some point hopefully.
I just bought the blackworks BWR 4-2-1 Tri-Y header and they go pleanty lower than my old ones, and im sitting on stock shocks with skunk2 coilover sleeves, I raised em so my springs are are stronger and dont let me bottom out as much, its actually a much smoother ride and im still pretty low, Also forgot to mention my coldair intake mount broke and a hose cracked -_-, But thats what zipties and electrical tape are for hahaha, Tomorrow Ill take some pictures of how low and what not

Last edited:

TheMyth

You live where you have emissions testing? If not, I wouldn't be worried about the cat.
Can understand you bought something and ended up with something else. Like going thru McDonald's drive-thru!

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
You live where you have emissions testing? If not, I wouldn't be worried about the cat.
Can understand you bought something and ended up with something else. Like going thru McDonald's drive-thru!
He lives in California. They adhere to very strict emission testing according to California environmental standards. :cry:

Sp3aK

Is this incorrect header size thing a common problem or are people just ordering the wrong ones?

From my research I should be able to buy a header that goes directly from the block to the existing STOCK cat and then buy a cat-back exhaust that again goes from the STOCK cat and out the back of the car. I'm interested in doing an exhaust at some point also but certainly not if it's going to turn into a hack-job mess.

Coney

Spacely
Is this incorrect header size thing a common problem or are people just ordering the wrong ones?

From my research I should be able to buy a header that goes directly from the block to the existing STOCK cat and then buy a cat-back exhaust that again goes from the STOCK cat and out the back of the car. I'm interested in doing an exhaust at some point also but certainly not if it's going to turn into a hack-job mess.
There are headers that will go to the stock cat location and there are headers that will replace the cat and meet up with the exhaust where the cat would. Also 94-99 GSR header length is not the same as all other models.

ryann48

So basically i either have to raise my car or bottom out on all uneven ground >.<, pretty irritated with my purchase now since i LOVE having my car slammed -_-, also having problems replacing some studs where my headers bolt onto my engine, i needa clean em from the build up of leaking exhaust so that the new studs can fit into the old threads easily -_-,

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
That's what you get for buying a cheap junk part. F BWR.
cheap chunk>>>???

that header goes for 600 lol but i think it went on sale for 300 though..
works fine over here...just had to install a flex pipe after the main install and worked fine

Jeffbel

That's what you get for buying a cheap junk part. F BWR.
You piss me off.

Don't listen to them, the BWR is a great header and they stand behind their product. I'm not sure if it is carb legal though. Definitely check that out; if it's not then its considered as bad as having a gutted cat.

ryann48

Yea he normally has negative shit to say haha^^

dAMN i Hope its carb legal otherwise that sucks hahaha,, Well My exhaust manifold was missing 3 studs and i gotta buy new ones ands lock tight nuts, but first i gotta clean out the holes with a tapping iron, or some break fluid and a brissle brush to clean out the threads >.<