So I have a confession.....

Rich-PMS

I picked up (basically) a full b16 swap from a 99 SI with 120k miles for a great price.

I have my parts list written up and will find a good source for my oem stuff. I'm ordering harness jumper from Rywire.

I have a CTR style lightweight harmonic balance pulley, golden eagle cam seal in the mail from a trade I made with a member on club civic.

I'd like to give a big Thanks to Paden Haas for the great deal on a chipped p06 and spare chip :)

Drove 3hrs 45 minutes to meet the person I bought swap from, drove to his buddies garage 10 minutes away- and after a 6 pack abd 3hrs the motor/trans was in the bed if my truck :)

I must say, I saw some impressive cars there!

A EK hatch that is AWD and boosted. Making 300+whp
An 89 hatch boosted making 350whp

Will be updating this as I make progress. Should have all my parts by the 25th. So the 26th I'll be starting to prep new motor to be dropped in.

You are quite welcome for the ECU.
It will be in the mail tomorrow and I will send you a tracking number as soon as I have it.

Edit: Rich, are you gonna run a cable to hydro conversion or get another trans?

Last edited:

Rich-PMS

I'm going to be using my trans. LS casing and gsr gears.

With the amount of money it'd cost to buy hydro conversion, new clutch and flywheel- I can buy cams and a tune and be quicker with my trans anyway ;)

I'm only using this motor temporarily while I build my LS for boost, so I'm not worried about the lousy 12ftlb tq loss, or the slight differance in gsr/b16 gearing. It's all irrelevant to me. If I wanted a torque monster I would NOT own a Honda. Plus my Dakota has over 300ftlb of tq ;)

I'm going to be using my trans. LS casing and gsr gears.

With the amount of money it'd cost to buy hydro conversion, new clutch and flywheel- I can buy cams and a tune and be quicker with my trans anyway ;)

I'm only using this motor temporarily while I build my LS for boost, so I'm not worried about the lousy 12ftlb tq loss, or the slight differance in gsr/b16 gearing. It's all irrelevant to me. If I wanted a torque monster I would NOT own a Honda. Plus my Dakota has over 300ftlb of tq ;)
Cool. Well I call first dibbs on the B16 when you take it out and drop your LS in. I'll need a motor to run on while I rebuild the b17.

Rich-PMS

Recieved my GSR cluster yesterday, and my harmonic dampner today, along with golden eagle cam seal.

no pictures of cluster yet.

I still haven't even taken the motor out if the back of my truck yet, been super busy.

Rich-PMS

Finally ordering my parts from Honda tonight :)

exhaust manifold gasket
timing belt
water pump
2 cam seals
rear main seal
valve cover gasket set
idle tensioner
throttle body gasket
oil pan gasket
Honda-bond
altenator belt

Also should be picking up my inovative motor mounts from my friend :)

Sometime this week I'll also be makin my purchase from Rywire:
obd0 to obd1 jumper harness with Vtec wires/plugs- obd2 distributor.
Obd0 to obd2 altenator jumper

I'll be using 4wire o2 sensor, my obd0 injectors with resistor box.

Rich-PMS

Ordered my oem parts late Monday night- had them at my door Wednesday morning!

Ordered my harness from Rywire last night also :)

Now I just have to pick up my buddys engine hoist so I can get to work. I plan to start Sunday night :)

Rich-PMS

I spent quite a few hours pricing out differant brands, researcinf reliability, and I came to the conclusion that OEM Honda was my best bet. I'm doing this swap ONCE. 110% the proper way. No corners are going to be cut, because my car will represent my business at shows- and we do NOT cut corners with our work. :)