So I'm doing a gsr swap

xFamousTeggy17x

OK so I have only build 5.0 mustangs in the past and now i am building my first tuner. I have a 91 Integra the currently has a b18b1 in it and I just purchased a B18c1 that came out of a 99 and a greddy turbo kit. I need to know what are some of the best parts i can put into the b18c1 before dropping the motor in so i can get the best performance possible ....any help would be great Thanks!!!

STL99Teggy

Honda Connoisseur
What kind of numbers are you looking to achieve. There are many routes that you can go. If you are going to turbo the motor than I suggest a rebuild of the motor top and bottom. Skunk 2, Ferrea, are a couple of companys that make awesome parts for the Head and Wiseco is a awesome company for the bottom end piston, piston rings etc. You really have to do some homework and look to see what you want to acheive. You are new to the site so welcome take a look around and see what other people have used on turbo builds. I do know that Vtec turbo builds have to be done right or you can cause some major damage to the motor. Hop this helps some

mirrorimg

Swapping the pistons for aluminum pistons means sleeving the block. Aluminum pistons+iron sleeves = No.

You really didnt even need to buy a new motor. You could have put that money into the B18B1 and gotten a motor comparably as strong. Considering you did buy a new motor, and plan on turboing it and upgrading all of the internals... I take it you are ready to drop some serious cash on it. Motor builds are pretty cookie-cutter. Theres the things you upgrade, like pistons, rods, valves, springs, retainers, cams. Then theres the supporting mods you need. A stronger clutch, a new exhaust, proper tuning and fuel management.

hollowfox

mirrorimg is right dude you got some serious cash to drop if you want to make this thing right

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
All you need internally are ARP headstuds to hit 300hp boosted, I would also change the intake manifold to a Skunk2.

I highly doubt the greddy kit can even put out 300hp also.

Last edited:

xFamousTeggy17x

yeah i am putting alot of money into it and going to do it right. I was going to build the b18b1 but that motor is shot and it would have been more work and money to rebuild that then the deal i got on a almost new gsr motor. the mods that i am already adding is a short ram pullys and heads ported and polished. thanks guys if you have anymore tips i would love it!!!