so thinking of giving up on the teg

drevans_satx

Dylan
I've had two tegs, and two civics so far and I can honestly say I haven't had a bolt snap. Granted I use an impact gun on pretty much everything...

Southern cars, Fuck yeah.

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
Hey bro, don't get discouraged or agitated, welcome to the wonderful of DIY car repair, maintenance, and performance....I know you were just trying to buck, but when in doubt, sometimes you gotta say FUCK IT!!!

Ryan659

Wait till you break some wheel studs :) that's even more fun. I would let it sit in some PB blaster for a few days. I sprayed blaster on all the bolts everyday I knew I would remove and they came out fine. Of course though, Cali is different but it's still the best way to try and avoiding breaking the bolts.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
If you still cant get that bolt out, only other thing you can do is hit it with a MAP gas torch (you can get them at home depot) and get it good and hot and try to get it out that way. Had to do that on two of my LCA bolts.

72Spitfire

I broke an LCA bolt and it took me an ENTIRE day and 4 very expensive hardend bits to get it out. Sometimes even PB Blaster or blowtorch heat cannot loosen it. Step back, take a short break and come back to it. Suspension parts rust and corrode because they see a lot of road elements. Also, remember to slightly tighten BEFORE loosening bolts! Dont give up sir!

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
Well ideally you would want to use oxyacetylene on something like this, but in the absence of that, a MAP gas torch works great as it runs a couple hundred degree's hotter then propane can.