Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Buy a Type R motor

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Do LS/VTEC with a B16 or GSR head

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

JdmITRCinci

JDM Bliss
So its been a while since I have been on here but I guess ill give yall the run down. Hydro Locked my engine. Head gasket blew and cylender 1 bent a rode destroying the sleve on my block maken the motor usless for now. So I am faced with a nice delema.

Should I do my LS/VTEC now or should I just upgrade to the Type R motor instead.

My LS/VTEC would be with a type r head brand new from acura thanks to my girlfriends amazing discound complete minuse intake manifold and throttle body. for 1400. Get another LS motor and spend a few weeks gettin everything in good order new pistonds berings etc etc. Type R oil pump and water pump. Ill save a little money hopefully but I still wont be as quick and ill still have that dinkey LS tranny

Or should I just bit my lip and get the Type R motor I found one off of a site my cousin got his GSR motor from for 3800 plus 160 shipped to the honda where my g/f works. Start off with better hp, better tranny becuase the motor is a 00' Complete with engine wiring harness and ecu. All sensors.

I dont know what to do its hard to decide. Because Im going to school and In the honda tech program, I already decided imma resleave the old block at school and build a High hell weeling boosten machine. Or ill resleve and build that block for ls/vtec and boost while I blueprint and basemap the engine in my performance engenering class.

speedin

The Transporter
JdmITRCinci said:
So its been a while since I have been on here but I guess ill give yall the run down. Hydro Locked my engine. Head gasket blew and cylender 1 bent a rode destroying the sleve on my block maken the motor usless for now. So I am faced with a nice delema.

Should I do my LS/VTEC now or should I just upgrade to the Type R motor instead.

My LS/VTEC would be with a type r head brand new from acura thanks to my girlfriends amazing discound complete minuse intake manifold and throttle body. for 1400. Get another LS motor and spend a few weeks gettin everything in good order new pistonds berings etc etc. Type R oil pump and water pump. Ill save a little money hopefully but I still wont be as quick and ill still have that dinkey LS tranny

Or should I just bit my lip and get the Type R motor I found one off of a site my cousin got his GSR motor from for 3800 plus 160 shipped to the honda where my g/f works. Start off with better hp, better tranny becuase the motor is a 00' Complete with engine wiring harness and ecu. All sensors.

I dont know what to do its hard to decide. Because Im going to school and In the honda tech program, I already decided imma resleave the old block at school and build a High hell weeling boosten machine. Or ill resleve and build that block for ls/vtec and boost while I blueprint and basemap the engine in my performance engenering class.
Id say go with the complete Type-R engine/trans. You wont regret it. The Type-R trans is a big deal, SWEET ratios and a LSD to boot!

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Id love to get an LSD as well, I'd probably go with that too. K swap isnt an option??

nautica_t

yeah i say go with the ITR swap and call it a day.

k swap will run you quite a lot. as josh did it on the board and the cost was close to 10 grand from what i recall.

JdmITRCinci

JDM Bliss
Yea the reliabilty is a major factor for me. I have been thinking about a K swap but the pricing is over what I want to spend.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
nautica_t said:
listening to vtec crossing over from the c5 is sex :p
ill agree, the sound is incredible, but u can make the same if not more power with less money.

HYPE-R

Go with the ITR motor, lsd, nicely geared tranny, motors power will always seem to amaze you everyday, and vtec sounds like heavans doors opening up to let you in. People will tell you its a waste of money and you could spend the money on something different that would be faster, well they are liars because they are jealous. I've gone through everything with ppl saying the type-r is a waste of money but I really can't hear them when they are behind me:twisted: . Just go with the R motor you won't regret it.