Sob story

GSRMarris

So, As some of you know i just got my GSR last wednesday. Yesterday, My clutch went out. FML. Thought some of yall might find it some what entertaining.

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
STAGE 4 CLUTCH!! hahaha jk sorry to here that man i'd be super sad but like JDMJIM said nows your chance to upgrade!

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
man, didn't you feel it before it completely went out? good luck!

ropeadope14

man, didn't you feel it before it completely went out? good luck!
yer but i think i remember hi sayin it was his 1st manual car?? but man thats harsh, i brought my car and 1 month later i threw a rod. pretty much split my block in half. i had 2 splash out $3000 on a new engine. i hope you get it sorted out soon

GSRMarris

I think I am going with a Type-R clutch. And a much lighter Flywheel. Any suggestions?

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
i find it entertaining.

yeah, yeah, everybody's gonna jump on and say oppertutnity for upgrade, and you what, im gonna say the same thing. the act 1 stage clutch with 9lb flywheel is a good recomendation. i was thinking somehting along those lines, with a findanza aluminum lightwheight one though. do somethin along that line and youll be more than good to go. later

lucci yayo

S.A.C.D.
heres a sob story wit a happy ending..................
a few weeks ago i bought a 95 ls .............. 10 days later it got stolen from the gated community
that i live in..............the next day i get the title in the mail(nice huh)...............the next week it was
found a few cities over(exactly 7 days)...........n all the fuckers took was my radio, ipod, tool box and for
some unknown reason my shift knob im still kinda pissed bout dat one but fuck it i got my teg back

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^ LOL!!!

Epic win. you got hella lucky.

as for the OP. how does a clutch go out in a week? l ol

mattkeem

heres a sob story wit a happy ending..................
a few weeks ago i bought a 95 ls .............. 10 days later it got stolen from the gated community
that i live in..............the next day i get the title in the mail(nice huh)...............the next week it was
found a few cities over(exactly 7 days)...........n all the fuckers took was my radio, ipod, tool box and for
some unknown reason my shift knob im still kinda pissed bout dat one but fuck it i got my teg back
wow you lucky sob lol
my friend got his gsr stolen and never got it back ...

GSRMarris

Not a bad ending... Glad to hear you got her back. On the bright side I got My teg towed to my mechanic/Cousin for free with AAA. So if yall dont have roadside assistance... GET IT! lol They give me 3-100 mile tows a year... I got her towed 97.8 miles. Talk about using every inch. So while we are changing the clutch we dropping in a GS-R pressure plate with Type-R friction plate. A little more bite. We will throw in an Exedy Flywheel and change all the seals while we are in there. Then an AEM CAI and some polyurethane bushings and motor mount inserts. Then some under drive pulleys. As well as the regular maintenance of a timing belt and fluids. So when i do get her back she will be driving pretty sweet. More power and no big maintenance for 100K miles. She will be like new. I'm stoked!