SoCal Buttonwillow Caravan / CI Meet 12-16

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Most of us going already discussed this but for anyone else who might be interested this is for the group thats going to caravan out to the Club Integra Time Attack on the 16th at Raceline's buttonwillow trackday event. Up for time adjustment but to start im thinking meet at 5:30-5:45a, 6am departure and arrival round 8-8:30am. If we want to get there earlier we will need to meet and leave earlier. Stay as long as you want and leave whenever you feel like it. Event ends around 5pm. Full event details in the events and meets forum. This thread will be for organizing the caravan. Lots of CI members will be in attendance and other friends.

Time is official
Leaving at 6am

Its likely we will move up the meet and departure time a hour earlier to arrive sooner.

Caravan party
1. NemesisCBR
2. Nick4dei +1
3. Local
4. Nastydb8
5. Skygun (still a maybe?)
6. Tim_dc4 (?)

Meet location:
Kreme Kreme in Gardena
1199 West Artesia Boulevard
Gardena, CA 90248
http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=1199+West+Artesia+Boulevard,+Gardena,+CA+90248&hl=en&gl=us&panel=1&fb=1&dirflg=d&geocode=0,33.873143,-118.292696&cid=0,0,2344004789286839977&hq=krispy+kreme&hnear=0x80c2b581539bdd09:0xc619371ab562ca91,Gardena,+CA&t=h&z=16

Last edited:

NastyDB8

I will be taking a small grill and cooler charcoal and lighter fluid. If anyone else would like to contribute it would be greatly appreciated. It's a small grill so if one person can select what they would like to bring from the list below we can start marking stuff off. Does that sound cool?

Hamburgers
Hot dogs
buns
soda
ketchup,mustard,mayo,hot sauce
sliced cheese
lettuce,tomato oninons
Plates
Napkins

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Nick was asking ehat kind of grill so that's good you posted up.

It has to be asked. Is everyone in rain or shine?

Next, how we grilling in the rain despite being under the canopy?

Photo ops will be interesting.

Nick_C78

Oh ok it is a charcoal grill. I like how charcoal tastes, but clean up is always a bitch at the track. Up to you guys if you want me to bring my propane one instead. Clean up is easier but the food wont taste as good.

I don't mind bringing some the following from the list:
Hot dogs
hot dog buns
Plates

And some beer >_> BYOB? lol

Nick_C78

Why hello Tim. So I take it you are coming with us? hah

Oh yeah and Nhien is coming too guys. He is the one you guys have met before, he drives the black 350z.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Caravan is growing. You going to caravan over with us tim??

Which grill works better in the rain... lol So i take it people plan to go even if raining.

Nick_C78

The thing I dont like about charcoal at the track is the clean up. Also the fact you have to wait for the charcoal to heat up before you can cook, which at the track sucks, because everyone is on such tight schedules to eat quick and get back out on track hah. But I am speaking from the point of view from someone who usually drives. Really doesn't matter to me, whichever you guys want. I am just giving options.

And yeah, rain or shine for me.

Nick_C78

Am I the only one who wants to arrive earlier? I mean I am not driving, so obviously I go when you all go.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Earlier is arriving when the racers do, about a hour before we arrive. If thats what people want to do, idc... its just getting up and leaving a bit earlier.

XjoEnX

I would caravan too if I were going. Like literally go visit family again and then mob there with CI. Too bad I can't :(